The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Drarok

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Drarok » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:06 pm

Our car reports it is 36º outside currently.

I think my cat has melted.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:42 pm

It's finally gotten cool enough outside to make it worthwhile opening my windows (my house is well enough insulated that it'll stay quite a bit cooler than the outside temperature if I keep the blinds closed to keep the sun out). A farmer has done muck spreading in the last few hours. My house is marginally cooler but now smells strongly of dung.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:06 am

It rained here this morning so it's back to business as usual with the weather.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:55 pm

Still warm though, despite being overcast with a tiny drizzle at lunch.

It does bug me a little how we seem to collectively lose our minds over any kind of weather that isn't temperate and grey. A tiny bit of snow and negative colds or a week of soaring Mediterranean highs and it gets reported like it's the end of the world and everybody just wishes it would go back to being cloudy and miserable. I know people aren't used to it, but still it is really nothing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:30 pm

With me it's that I really can't do heat anymore, it makes me really uncomfortable. Saying that I hate the fucking cold but you can always put more layers on.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:51 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:30 pm
With me it's that I really can't do heat anymore, it makes me really uncomfortable. Saying that I hate the fucking cold but you can always put more layers on.
Brace yourself for Sunday/Monday, it's going to get really hot.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 am

This article has riled me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49072212
3. Remember the basics

Take steps to make sure your bedroom is as cool as it can be at night.
Someone got paid for this. Of the 10 'tips', maybe one of them is an actual, tangible idea that might not be immediately obvious. Instead there's sass like "get over it". :roll:

Might be time to cancel my licence fee.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:26 am

School holidays. Six weeks of the neighbour's shitbag children stomping around and screaming inside and outside, all day, every day. It's already ongoing.

I need Charlie to invent the child equivalent of Kitten Mittons.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Fucking whit? :-s

Are they actually using Dall-E mini to make captcha worse?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:20 pm

:lol:

The smiling dog one at least makes a small amount of sense, but panting isn't smiling. The cloud horse one though? I can only assume the creator was on a drug trip.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:18 pm

Virgin Media

Most abysmal customer service I've ever encountered - even compared to British Gas!
Tried for four weeks to sign up for full fibre, continually told it isn't available in my area despite 1) having a virgin cable at the end of my drive and 2) my next door neighbour being a full fibre customer. Advisors that can barely speak English, never follow through on promised callbacks and parrot from a script whatever the query.
Had enough, delighted to be in the process of switching 4 mobile contracts from them too. Resigned broadband with my current provider, maybe I've dodged a bullet.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:37 am

I considered going onto Virgin Mobile but read the reviews and swerved well clear.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:23 am

Snowy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:37 am
I considered going onto Virgin Mobile but read the reviews and swerved well clear.
Sadly they're the only game in town in my area for full fibre,only reason I picked them. I could have had 500mb download for the same price I'm currently getting 50mb for.
But as I said, maybe bullet dodged. :)
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:11 am

While we're on customer service woes, I ordered some beer from Brewdog a couple of weeks ago. I've ordered from them before and it's usually three or four days before the packages arrive. I had a tracking number the day after ordering, with which Yodel claimed to have never received the parcel. I submitted a ticket via their website on thursday of last week, and never had a reply. This morning I try contacting them via Twitter of all places, and get a reply, a replacement order, and a couple of free gifts thrown in for the inconvenience, within about 5 minutes.

So what is the bloody point of their website pushing people towards e-mail for queries like this if they have all of their staff manning their twitter account? They even mention that their website is experiencing a high volume of e-mails and there may be delays receiving replies, but on Twitter I got a solution faster than the website even sends out the automated acknowledgement e-mail.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Brewdog? They're a demonstrably bad company that I think I'm finally fed up with ignoring the problems with. I know there are plenty of other retailers, but I've never found somewhere that's priced as acceptably.

Edit: And the worst part of this is, the very helpful CSR that I spoke to via Twitter closed the second e-mail ticket I raised this morning, despite there being no automatic link between the two (they contained the same order number, but my twitter account isn't even registered via the same e-mail address I sent the ticket from). They're clearly *monitoring* the e-mails coming in, but now it feels like they're ignoring them!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 am

There's work being done on a house down the road from me and it's a mixture of kango hammers, chainsaws and Eastern European shouting. My other neighbor had a table saw out at 8am this morning. There was a machine sawing into the road yesterday evening to lay cable. They are doing maintenance on a nearby train line at night. It's just nonstop noise all day every fucking day. Include in that the cunts who leave dogs outside at night to bark and the occasional diversion of air traffic over my area. I think I'm going fucking nuts!