The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:57 am

Alan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:27 am
I downloaded tiktok, Ive seen some funny videos and thought it might be worth a look. Watched about 5 saying "oh fuck off" louder and more annoyed each time and uninstalled it. Bunch of sad wankstains desperate to be viral.

Also fuck youtube too. Yeah there might be some good stuff on there but there should be a law that says if you dont know what the fuck youre talking about you should shut the fuck up and not wax on like you know everything. Headphone/speaker reviews, guitar pedal reviews and camera reviews are the worst for it.

Also fuck the kids that graffiti BTS all over the place in Glasgow. I tried them out, they're awful and I do enjoy a bit of K-pop. They have no character or charm, its all dogshit vanilla rubbish. Wheres the G-Dragon tags!? ¬_¬

Also fuck that twat that wanders through Partick looking like Spud while blaring dance music from a bluetooth speaker yet walking as if there is no music and its just a boring old normal day. At least dance you Edwin!

Also fuck any DLC for Beat Sabre that doesn't have a god. damn. beat!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:28 pm

Young ‘uns wearing trousers that are up around the ankles or higher. It made Noddy Holder look like a Edwin, it makes you look one too.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 pm

And why do the young uns all have the same haircut?

You know the whole number 1 on the sides but leave the top to grow into a mess.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 am

Divorcing a person with NPD is akin to arguing with an extremely petty minor. It's one of those 'you won't believe it until you see it' things.

To room 101, pls.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am

Damn man I do feel for you with this one - never experienced it but from your posts but sheesh!
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Buskers using amps / speakers. I’m all for busking, but amps make it impossible to escape in a town centre. If you’re going to wail out some godawful take on Simon and Garfunkel, do it at a volume that doesn’t reverberate your sullen bellyaching in a half-mile radius.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm

It's particularly bad when you happen to work in one of the buildings nearby. The worst though were the local performance drumming group that used to play on a saturday during the summer. We were supposed to keep the building doors open to make it look like the place wasn't shut, but working in a stone building with nothing to deaden the sound was unbearable.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm

When algorithms get it wrong. Facebook keeps serving me posts from patriotic American groups; at the minute almost every time I browse the execrable website (a necessity for keeping in touch with people unfortunately), I get cartoons about young men growing up during the recently concluded war in the middle east, graduating from military training before being killed by suicide bombers in the final days ("How long did the war last? A lifetime"), decorating war graves, remembering the troops, and just now I've had one praying for protection for Louisiana linesmen (the people who go up in hydraulic buckets to repair overhead wiring).

a) Americans will pray for anyone.
b) What the hell have I clicked on to make the algorithm think I'm remotely interested in this stuff?!

I'm about as far from a patriotic American as I think it's possible to be without joining the Taliban, but this keeps happening. A couple of years back I kept getting news stories about one of those right-wing political commentators, you know the type, drop dead gorgeous blonde women hired to tell old white men how superior they are that I have to believe are truly hideous on the inside. There's no way to make it stop. You can hide posts that offend you, but you can't tell the algorithm why you don't want to see it unless it's deliberately offensive and needs moderating. Social media censors have a hard enough job without me reporting every little thing I don't want to see, so it just keeps on coming.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Maybe if you hide enough of them it will stop showing them to you?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:30 pm

I think I've hidden 10 or so already and it isn't getting the message.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:59 pm

YouTube used to keep recommending me right wing and Republican bullshit for some reason even though I never looked at that bollocks. It eventually just stopped.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:35 pm

Twitter (which I never use) used to send me recommendations for tweets by Piers fucking Morgan, a Edwin I would happily shoot in the face (provided I could shoot all his other extremities off first). I kept tweeting Edwin on each twat he sent and after a while it stopped - maybe try that :mrgreen:

In other news, what the fuck is it with these morons who think speakerphone is the way to make a call when they are out and about?
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:39 pm

And they hold the phone, on speaker, two fucking inches from their mouth. If they just rotated it a bit, it'd be on their fucking ear and I wouldn't have to hear both sides of their inane shit.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:30 pm

I was looking for a book called The Wit And Wisdom Of Mae West and now Amazon seems to think I would like The Wit And Wisdom Of Nigel Farage.

Also yes to the idiot speakerphone twats! Glad they’re everywhere and not just here.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:20 am

Been a shit week so need to let off steam by listening to lots of swearing: