The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
Snowy
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Snowy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 pm
As much as I hate how so many gigs have been ruined by a sea of phones, particularly because it kills the vibe around you at more energetic gigs when people are too concerned filming stuff to actually get into the music and bop around; I really hate the idea of locking your phone in a case. I like to take one photo during a concert just to aid my memory years down the line because I find that even a single image tends to bring memories of the whole gig flooding back. After that my phone goes in my pocket for the rest of the night. I still want access to it though in case of some sort of emergency.

I wish people would just learn better gig etiquette and to actually enjoy themselves a bit more so that devices like that aren't even needed. It seems that nobody can enjoy an experience nowadays without trying to milk it for brownie points on social media though.
I do the same, but we are hugely in the minority. Rather revolting, but I find myself wishing for laser accurate gobbing ability. so I could launch a phlegm-gem onto the screen of the type of twatweasel that always ends up in front of me filming the entire fucking gig usually while talking incessantly to his mate.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Snowy
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Snowy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 am

Sorry, I let a rant into the praise thread.

Birdsong. In fact just birds in general, I find them fascinating.

Birdsong I really love though, listening as I type to the sound that has been the background of my life here in the South of England. On our recent Morocco holiday, I loved how that background sound was completely different due to the other types of bird living there.

Yesterday while out walking the dog, I watched two red Kites circling above the woods, and flying directly overhead. They are big buggers, but beautiful with it.

There, hope that puts us back on track.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 am

That feeling you get when you just down a massive mug of high-quality coffee and your brain LIGHTS UP from the caffeine hit.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:17 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 am
That feeling you get when you just down a massive mug of high-quality coffee and your brain LIGHTS UP from the caffeine hit.
:x

:cry:

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 am

Do it. ¬_¬
The hissing of rats

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:59 am

If I'm honest, as much as I like coffee I've never really felt that caffeine hit. If anything I go sleepy after a cup. I got some vanilla coffee grounds last week that smell amazing, though. Seriously, if you want to sell your house, brew up some vanilla coffee.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:49 pm

I don't know if I drink so much that I only ever have a caffeine low, but I've also never had a hit from drinking coffee or other caffeinated drinks.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Believe me, you notice it when it's not there. At least initially.

A week and a bit later I'm absolutely fine sans caffeinated drinks, and hopefully a little healthier for it.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm glad to hear you survived the withdrawal Sly. I know how that feels.

I'm a big tea drinker myself; none of this icky bean juice for me thanks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Strudel wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm
I'm glad to hear you survived the withdrawal Sly. I know how that feels.

I'm a big tea drinker myself; none of this icky bean juice for me thanks.
Cheers. It wasn't too bad, I was a bit headachy the following day and the whole of that week I was wiped and going to bed by 9.30pm, but I'm back to feeling pretty normal now, so that's cool.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:29 am

Bacon and sausage rolls. Followed by a cup of coffee (see above). Yum!
The hissing of rats

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Believe me, you notice it when it's not there. At least initially.
Nope. Not had any today, but drank loads of coffee and pop yesterday as I was in the office. Working from home today and only got squash in the house though so nowt caffeinated.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:59 am
I got some vanilla coffee grounds last week that smell amazing, though. Seriously, if you want to sell your house, brew up some vanilla coffee.
Atkinsons by any chance?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Full English breakfasts, let the guilt be damned.

Bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, toast or fried bread, fried eggs, go nuts and chuck in a couple of hash browns why don't you. Mushrooms grow on poo and should therefore be avoided, and am not a huge fan of fried tomatoes.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:49 pm

I think I may have already mentioned FEB's earlier in the thread. ¬_¬
The hissing of rats