The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:05 pm

eny wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:36 pm
MadMax fans hitting the FO stage of fandom... :lol:
"Oh shit, Max really is a eCdUwNiTn"

You know what I love? Context. ;)

eny

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by eny » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Checo mate. :lol:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:23 pm

Ahh, that Mad Max. :lol:

EDIT - Normally I'd put this in the 101 thread, but the extent of the farce has amused me so I'll put it here.

I'm expecting a parcel via Evri but not until later in the week, so I was surprised to find a missed parcel note from them (especially since I never heard a knock on the door). They'd left it with a neighbour a few doors down, so I went there.

The neighbour was confused as they'd just handed over the parcel to a third house. The neighbour from the third house happened to be in the garden and overheard us, and she said she'd not checked the house number on the parcel. She went and fetched it and found it was for yet another address. The neighbour from the second house had quietly escaped back inside at this point.

It was definitely not my parcel based on the shape and size, but the adventure continues! :lol: Maybe it's a scheme to get people to know their neighbours.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm

"Farce" is definitely the word of the moment, it seems everything is capitalising on it...

Evri was Hermes yes? Same shit different name?

– Abraham Lincoln

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:52 pm

Yep, that's them. Until recently we had a very reliable Evri delivery driver round here who looked exactly like Christian Slater, but he seems to have gone and the new guy... well he does stuff like the above. Can't wait for my delivery from them later in the week.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:10 pm

Similar here, it is (nearly) all down to a route's driver. We had one near us that had fantastic praise on the local Nextdoor group, and made himself available to sort out any issues the group brought up. The next neighbourhood town, outside his route, didn't have such glowing praise.

– Abraham Lincoln

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:54 pm

I’ve always considered Colman’s mustard an institution - a condiment where the brand name is worth it. But when I saw that Asda do their own brand English mustard at 60p for 180g compared to Colman’s £1.75 for 100g, I decided to take a punt.

Good god. This stuff is lethal! Even a small amount is like snorting napalm. I’m a convert - the flavour’s indistinguishable from Colman’s but the intensity is dialled up to 11. You could use it to subdue rioters.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:05 am

Finding out that instead of slogging into London over the festive period for this new contract I've picked up (which I am very grateful for as well), that due to IT and onboarding issues I instead have to stay working from home while these are sorted, which will probably be in the New Year. Huzzah!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:06 pm

I've been revelling in schadenfreude today. Our development team had been invited over to another office for a sort of team-bonding / meet and greet day, which serves little purpose given that there's little call for us to work together, and because it was 'technically' optional I did what any sane person would and stayed here. I did join the meeting remotely, though, only to find that the person who'd organised the whole thing had covid and that our team hadn't turned up as their train had been cancelled.

They started the presentation anyway. :lol:

When our guys turned up nearly an hour late, they weren't offered drinks or anything after hours of presumably high-stress travel, nor did they recap what had already been presented (which was meant to be for our benefit). At 12.30 someone came barrelling into the meeting to announce that they'd forgotten to order lunch. #-o While they debated about ordering pizza, I took the opportunity to get my own lunch and watch in morbid fascination.

When the pizza arrived, a remarkably over-complicated relay system was instigated between the person who'd placed the order (working remotely), someone in the office on the webcam and someone on the phone out in the carpark trying to find the delivery driver. I continued to watch hangry people eat cold pizza while separating into their respective teams and making every effort not to bond.

Right before I quietly escaped from the call at 15.30, it was mentioned that someone had gone to the toilet and forgotten to take their visitor pass and thus would be locked out of the floor.

I got absolutely no work done. Top day!

eny

Post by eny » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:11 pm

Arf! :lol:

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:51 pm

That sounds like an episode of The Office :lol:

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:27 am

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:12 pm

As you all know I recently switched our internet provider from Virgin after 6 long years over to Vodafone, reducing our monthly payment from a near £50 a month for 100mb to just £23 a month*. Here's my current download speed via Steam...

Only had it installed a couple of days and honestly could not be happier, zero issues and every device in the house seems far more responsive and less likely to randomly drop. I was so very hesitant that finally swapping would be a risk, so I'm very happy to say it has paid off.

*For 24 months then going to £34.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 pm

That's actually quite reassuring.... I'm in the same boat as you were with Virgin.

Perhaps it is time to switch
-- To be completed at some point --