The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by eny » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 pm

O really? ....then you might like to get one of these:

https://www.bugasalt.com/

I've had a Bug-a-salt 2 for 3 years now, and it's great fun....😃
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:58 pm

eny wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 pm
O really? ....then you might like to get one of these:

https://www.bugasalt.com/

I've had a Bug-a-salt 2 for 3 years now, and it's great fun....😃
But don't you, like, get salt all over the place using that?

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:03 pm

:shock:

Must get one of those!
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

eny

Post by eny » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Only use it in the kitchen and bathroom, it's easy to shepherd the flies into them for a blast.....

– Abraham Lincoln

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm

It's mostly wasps I'm interested in taking out, and the bathroom is usually their first point of entry.
The hissing of rats

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Allow me to offer an alternative:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ZAP-Bug-Zapp ... 140&sr=8-6

I have one of these - cheaper than the salt-gun and does not leave salt everywhere. Perfect for the annihilation of any winged nuisance that comes your way. Particularly handy for the summer months when it comes to stalking bedroom mosquitos...

Edit: Also you can be assured that once zapped, you don't just have an angry wasp on your hands. I imagine a glancing shot from the salt-cannon could end up annoying the little fucker!
Last edited by Snowy on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:47 pm

I bought a similar tennis racket thing. If you want to make tiny creatures basically explode, that's what you want. The first time I used it, I did so on a daddy-long-legs and it didn't kill it (despite making an almighty crack), and I felt such a pang of regret that I never used it again myself and took it into work instead.

I wouldn't use it on a wasp though, I suspect it would just piss them off and make them sting anything in sight.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Trust me, once zapped if not insta-dead, they are too frazzled to do anything much except drop out of the air ready for the coup de grace.

I wouldn't use it on a daddy long legs though, they are harmless, just pick them up and chuck them out the window.

Mine is used for mosquitos, flies, wasps and occasionally spiders.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:50 pm
I wouldn't use it on a daddy long legs though, they are harmless, just pick them up and chuck them out the window.
As a general rule I don't kill anything if I can avoid it, including things like wasps. The trouble is that our cats chase them around the house during the night which wakes me up, and they tend to fly in the upper corners of the room where I can't get to them.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Flies and mosquitos are fair game in my book. I have a humane spider-catcher (a kind of circular brush on a stick thing) that I use these days too. Wasps tend to get pushed towards the quarterlight windows when they come in, but by the zapper so that if they get antsy I can retort.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

eny

Post by eny » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm

I have 'salt safe' zones, so the salt doesn't get into electrics or become a bother, I use lights on and off if at night, to steer them to the bathroom and generally blast them in a window, sink or the shower. I don't bother with wasps, they just usually only need an open window, so are never much of a problem....but when they are, I use this stuff:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raid-Wasp-Kill ... CC4VFWQVAR

The black cap version knocks them straight out of the air, but not the slow and useless white-cappped can. Only wasps and flies get death, everything else I catch, and release outside - moths, spiders, crane flies, bees, all get saved.

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm

For reasons of full disclosure, I am not affiliated with Raid Fly and Wasp Killer Aerosol #nonspon.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:32 pm

I always find just opening the big window for a bit quickly gives the irritating fly an exit route.

But I do like the idea of stalking the house with a salt gun, like Ripley with the flamethrower/pulse rifle combo at the end of Aliens.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 pm

I like that idea too, but an electro swatter sounds even more cool. When you turn it on does it emit a loud hum followed by lightning crackling around it? ¬_¬
The hissing of rats

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Make one that looks and sounds like a miniature Ghostbusters proton pack, million-pound idea right there.