The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
Strudel

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Strudel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 pm
I'm guessing at an event like that there's always going to be at least one dickhead recording it on their phone.
It's usually not bad. I've never actually seen someone filming it, though it clearly happens:

Gives you some idea of what it's like at least.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Yeah, that would have to be an either/or for me. I either want to see the film, or see a concert playing the music. Both at the same time ain't my thing. But I'm glad you had a good time!
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm

I like it when the postman brings me things.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

:lol:
The hissing of rats

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 am

I especially like it when I've forgotten what I've ordered and something shows up. It's like someone's bought me a present, except that someone was me.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:14 am

Mantis wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 pm
After that my phone goes in my pocket for the rest of the night.
Or do what I did at a metal concert with around 5 bands through the night. Lots of moshing and generally jumping around.
The show ended and I realised I'd dropped my phone somewhere so had to wait for the lights to come on to look for it. I then realised about 20 other people were also looking around for their phones.... we'd all been pickpocketed!
Reported to the police, changed every single password I could think of, got a new phone and never take a phone with me again to concerts :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 am

Drarok wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 am
I especially like it when I've forgotten what I've ordered and something shows up. It's like someone's bought me a present, except that someone was me.
One of the perks of getting older. Having the money to buy stuff on a whim and then promptly forgetting about it :)

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 am

The moon!

At night it's absolutely beautiful and for many years I have loved gazing up at its silvery glow. However, I have an especial love of the moon when it appears in the day-time in a clear, sunny autumn sky.

Once, when I was in high-school, I guess about 20 years ago, I was sitting in a really boring geography lesson on a sunny afternoon in early autumn. I looked out of the window at about 2:45 and saw the moon hanging in the sky just above the trees that lined the nearby road. I felt a sense of real peace and tranquility from looking at it, reminding me that in just a few minutes' time the school day would end I would be on my way home beneath its calm, watchful gaze.

Ever since then, whenever I see the moon in a clear sky on a sunny, autumn day, I think back to that moment and the peace I felt, and think about how, no matter how crazy things seem on earth, the moon is always there, looking down, ever the same.
The hissing of rats

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:24 am

Ha, yes, I must confess to stopping and gazing up at the ghost moon this morning for a few moments on the school run.

I point it out to the children, who are less impressed it has to be said -_-

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:50 am

The new YouTube Studio. Thanks to the new, simplified layout, I was able to find cheeky comments on my work's official YT channel from four years ago, scattered across multiple videos, and delete them all very easily.
The hissing of rats

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 am
The moon!
Have you ever looked at it through a telescope or powerful binoculars?

I love doing that. Really highlights the terrain.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:20 am

I have not!
The hissing of rats

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Then do so, sir!

eny

Post by eny » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Sleeping in the woods.

Brilliant nights sleep after sitting beside a fire and cooking on the same, especailly with like minded company. Cant beat it. Got an overnighter tomorrow and a meet in the Black Mountains for a couple of nights next weekend. Awesome.
Last edited by eny on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:25 pm

eny wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 pm
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.
Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection.

:x
It doesn't seem very lovable... :-k