The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by eny » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm

The universe is all about balance, so pop across the corridor now and again and celebrate! :D

I'll start things off: Bonne Maman Salted caramel.....straight out of the fridge it is the most heavenly dessert you could possibly massage your tonsils with, utter delight. =P~

Also, Autumn, I fucking love the easy temps and smells of the countryside at the moment.

There's windows in this room, and the sun is gleaming in! Help yourself to tea.... \:D/
Last edited by eny on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:49 pm

The smell of napalm in the morning. Also pizza.

Snowy
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Snowy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm

*peers into the thread*

*sniffs suspiciously*

*leaves surreptitiously*
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 pm

That salted caramel looks a bit nice Eny, might have to try those!

Agree on the season as well, autumn easily my favourite time of year. Sunnier and less rainy than spring, warmer than winter but cooler than summer.

I'm a miserable bastard though so I'll have to have a think before adding anything of my own :lol:

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Coffee (not instant).
Just thinking about one means I have to leave for the kitch......
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Hurrah for Praise World!

I love coffee. I love steak. I love ham and pineapple pizza (oh yes, I went there ¬_¬). I love 1930s weird/pulp fiction (especially the works of Robert E. Howard and H.P Lovecraft). I love playing (some) board games. I love playing (some) video games. I love Jesus Christ. I love my job (mostly ¬_¬). I love my family. I love going for walks in beautiful places. I love England (especially Yorkshire -- I hope I can escape back there again some day).

I LOVE YOU GUYS. That's why I keep coming back here, even though I don't really see eye to eye with any of you on anything. ¬_¬
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I am also a big lover of board games. It all started a few years ago when I was working a shit job and a few of us decided we should have one evening a week where we stopped working at a more reasonable time (7pm) and relaxed a bit. We ended up playing Risk Legacy and now...

Now my collection stands at 135 games and climbing.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 pm

My other love is tea. Of which I currently have two cupboards full of the stuff.

I've put a tea-buying embargo on myself until I have some space ¬_¬

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm

I currently have one board game in my house (which just arrived in the post today), mostly because I seem to have this strange psychosis where I feel compelled to sell every single one I buy. ¬_¬
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am

Been stressed the last few days and yesterday (the day before a code freeze for a giant, old fashioned waterfall style, software release) killed the last bug in a thing I've been working on the last few months. Talk about cutting it fine but that feeling when it all works :)
Punch the air in a slightly american way but we're English don't-you-know.
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:58 am

Rusty wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am
Otherwise known as 'the Tim Henman' :lol:

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am

Rusty wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am
Been stressed the last few days and yesterday (the day before a code freeze for a giant, old fashioned waterfall style, software release) killed the last bug in a thing I've been working on the last few months. Talk about cutting it fine but that feeling when it all works :)
I know that one all too well.

Well as you mostly know I love BBQ'ing and smoking meat. I am TGA's very own Ron Swanson and unapologetic about it. Only clean shaven. I love all things BBQ and think it is the US's greatest contribution to the world.

Season-wise I am going to disagree with the forum (so far). I love winter. Not for the shitty 'get up in the dark, come home in the dark' side of it but rather the daylight times. Taking the dog out bundled up in warm clothes, frosty deadfalls crunching underfoot, the cold, crisp air like wine, breath misting in the stillness of the day - I love that.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am

I'm very much a winter person too, Snowy. I like those clear, freezing days where your face starts to sting if you're outside for more than a few minutes, and then coming back to a warm house. I like going into the rare pub or two that has a real fire going, with that lovely wood burning smell to go with your pint.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am

You'd be rather less enthused when it involves twice-daily school runs on foot along icy pavements... -_-

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am

:lol:

Surely you can just point them in the direction of school and give them a firm shove so they slide all the way there?