Floods

Exciting adventures IRL.
Rossell

Floods

Post by Rossell » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:53 pm

How's everyone been coping with storm Dennis? Down here in Gloucestershire/Herefordshire its utterly mental. What you're seeing on the news is only a smidgen of how bad it is.

I've only got two potential routes into work tomorrow and both are dodgy and might not work :cry:

I'm just thanking my lucky stars I don't live in a place that floods because I'm feeling seriously sorry for people that do.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Floods

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 pm

We've been fine around these parts, which is strange as we usually get it tight when it comes to weather.

Hope everyone here is coping OK. From what I have seen it all looks genuinely horrendous.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:53 pm

I'm literally just up the hill from Nantgarw, which seems to have featured in a lot of the news reports. Lots of low lying areas around me were totally impassable on Saturday.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Lots of flooding around the Midlands but nothing in the city itself really apart from my usual running route by the river was a roaring torrent today. Quite a few people were stopping to take photos and videos as if a slightly higher than normal, fast flowing river was a particularly exciting thing to see.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 am

Aside from travel problems last weekend, it’s not been too bad in Lancaster. Very windy, but that’s standard round here. I’m in a potential flood area (low risk), but considering I wasn’t hit by the floods a few years ago which saw the city briefly turn into some post-apocalyptic disaster zone, I think I’m safe, touchwood.