Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Raid » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:27 pm
What do they think of surgeons?
Communists, obviously. Taking a proud American's medical problems and redistributing them among those little metal kidney dishes? And all that red they're covered in after operating? Joe Stalin himself personally rings each and every surgeon to congratulate them on their surgeries.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:06 pm

That dumbfuck saying he'd die for that flag and what it represents, I'm sure those words will comfort him as he's drowning in his own lung fluid after catching covid. They really should stop giving airtime to idiots like this, I'm sure that they are just a very vocal minority who are making the rest of the US look really, really fucking stupid.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:27 pm
What do they think of surgeons?
...think?!
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:44 pm

What the fuck is happening with people. Is it anger or just I don't give a fuck. I am failing to understand the scale of litter. Why are young people just acting like morons and sorry to say does this not give fuel to the impression that the young are not to be trusted
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:30 pm

Kids today eh, grrrr!
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm

I'm not sure why people keep referring to the young exclusively here. What evidence is there that it is solely young people carrying out the rampant littering?

I've seen plenty of families in town having a seat in the sun only to walk off and the parents have left bags of rubbish behind. Or older blokes coming out of McDonalds and just throwing his litter directly on the floor as he unwraps his burger.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm
I'm not sure why people keep referring to the young exclusively here. What evidence is there that it is solely young people carrying out the rampant littering?

I've seen plenty of families in town having a seat in the sun only to walk off and the parents have left bags of rubbish behind. Or older blokes coming out of McDonalds and just throwing his litter directly on the floor as he unwraps his burger.
Exactly. I'm certain that these cases aren't all by unaccompanied minors.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:19 pm

I think we're seeing people going places that wouldn't normally go there. I hate tarry brushes but scrotes aren't exactly known for wandering local wildlife and or beauty spots. Many of these people would be or have been abroad by now. It's like some kind of over reaction.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 pm

:-k =D>
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 pm

He should be worried about rolling the car and being strangled by any of the 1,001 things hanging loose around the driver seat, too.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Thanks for calling this out – the shit I'm seeing is definitely not only young people, it's a lot of arseholes of all ages. Disappointing.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 am

arqueturus wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Many of these people would be or have been abroad by now.
I think it's this. Cunts who would usually fuck off and inflict their hideousness on our European neighbours (while baking themselves bright red and wearing Eng-er-land football shirts) have just decanted themselves to local beauty-spots (and some not so local) instead.

Walking my dog around Fleet Pond, a local beauty spot for me, I found one such group had dragged an iron barrier across the wooden path leading out on a fisherman's jetty over the pond so that they could use it exclusively for a piss up and a picnic - it is there for people to fish from. Guarantee none of their shit got taken home with them.

When I was a young'un we used to go there, have a bonfire on the beach, get drunk/stoned, but we always cleaned up at the end of the night and took our shit with us.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:30 am

Yes. When I was 21 I went to Ireland for a break with a friend. We went to a beach party and come the early hours of the morning, after raving and drinking, kids from ages of 15-25 went round with baggies and picked up all the litter until the beach showed zero sign we were there. I asked "why did you do that ?" and the local said "so we can re-use the beach and not take the piss"

I think a lot of this littering and shitty behaviour is born from anger and confusion. I do sympathies. I would hate to be a graduate right now as good options are close to zero, especially if you have studied hard.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 am

I think it's born from not giving a single solitary shit about what impact your actions might have on someone else. I agree that anger and confusion are part of it, though, as some people seem to think that because they've had a hard time of things, that gives them the right to be a dick.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Yep. Life is hard. That's not an excuse to be an edwin