The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Animalmother
Local

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:29 pm

And half the government probably has shares in Uniserve so win win all round.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:01 am

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:24 am

Tested positive today, currently sourcing a bell and an "Unclean" t-shirt on Amazon.

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 am

Yeah, my youngest tested positive at the weekend. So far the rest of us are getting negative lateral flows, but we've ordered some PCR tests to confirm. That we're still waiting for days later...

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:02 am

I'm guessing we caught it from our grandson who tested positive on the weekend, who probably got his from his classmate that tested positive last week. It's like bloody dominoes falling :lol:
Are there no mobile pcr testing centres near you Sly mate?, we booked our appts first try with over 300 places available. Ridiculous keeping you waiting for them.

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 am

Hope you're all doing okay!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:24 am

Hatredsheart wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:02 am
I'm guessing we caught it from our grandson who tested positive on the weekend, who probably got his from his classmate that tested positive last week. It's like bloody dominoes falling :lol:
Are there no mobile pcr testing centres near you Sly mate?, we booked our appts first try with over 300 places available. Ridiculous keeping you waiting for them.
There's one we could literally hit with a stone from our house, but no appointments, nearest free slots were a bit of a drive away.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 pm

My sister's kids keep getting sent home from school when someone even sniffles in the class, I've no doubt this is being abused to full effect by the kids :lol:

Saying that the poor little fuckers have had to endure multiple COVID tests which aren't pleasant.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:26 pm

This whole thread highlighting the pathetic and corrupt way tories handled the PPE crisis last year, just depressing levels of incompetence and cronyism. Oversight? Accountability? Conviction?

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:42 pm

I hold Starmer largely responsible for the political situation during the pandemic. Greedy bastard politicians (i.e. the Tories) will always try and get away with whatever they can, and the only thing to stop them is being held to account. Starmer holds nobody to account - he grumbles with platitudes and then moves on, which has resulted in the government doing things that would have been unfathomable even 5 years ago. They don't need to hide their corruption because the opposition is doing nothing to stop them and the apathetic British public won't vote for a change until a credible option comes along.

Starmer should be storming across parliament with his ruddy ham face and battering Johnson with independent inquiries and calls for resignations. There need to be consequences and all Starmer has done for the last 18 months is prove that there aren't any.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 pm

I assume they didn't do that because the optics of trying to tear the government a new one during a pandemic wouldn't have been good, regardless of the corruption. A lot of it is coming to light now that we're in the tail end of the event and it is gradually starting to build up some traction. It's nice finally seeing some Labour MPs not shying away from actually calling it corruption.

I think the general mood when we were still struggling along without vaccines was that the government was doing its best and people saw any opposition criticism as just moaning. There is already a huge lack of trust in politics and most people think they're all as bad as each other (which is ridiculous and clearly not true, but it is the narrative regardless). People just don't want to hear it.

It has been a painful 18 months just watching them routinely getting away with absolute murder though.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Nah, I'm with Wrath on this one. Maybe that was fine in the early days of the pandemic, but ever since the Barnard Castle Road Trip incident, Starmer should have been bloody crucifying them. My gut tells me he's trying to avoid drawing the same level of ire from the media as happened with Corbyn to put him in a better position come the next election, but whatever the reason he's been an utterly useless opposition leader.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Interesting one today. Hot on the heels of my email saying I don't have to isolate anymore, we get a phone call from test and trace saying that anomalies on the genome details of my wife's test mean that we've got people coming to test us on our doorstep tomorrow morning in case we've got the Omicron variant and we're back isolating again until results come through.
Not great news for our wedding anniversary weekend. Ffs....

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:38 am

Tried to book my booster jab last night but the NHS website was collapsing in on itself, which isn't surprising given the circumstances. Got on it again at 6.30am and managed to join a queue of 10,000 people and eventually book a slot. Earliest available was 7th January, which means the government have already failed their goal even as they spout their lies on the breakfast news.

The truth is that 7th Jan is fine for me as my Christmas plans are basic, spending some time at my parents (who are also isolating out of choice). I also approve of getting everyone jabbed ASAP. What I resent is the government making out that their impossible, heroic-sounding goal of getting all adults a booster jab by the end of December bears any resemblance to the reality of the situation. They may as well declare that everyone in the UK will be billionaires by the end of 2022, hoping that everyone forgets long before that deadline.