The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Wrathbone » Wed May 26, 2021 1:11 pm

They've just grilled him on Barnard Castle. Turns out - surprise surprise - the account of events that he gave in the rose garden interview was all BS except for the bit about him driving with his wife and kid in the car to test his eyes.

I don't know why he doesn't just admit the whole story was a load of balls, he went for a day out and broke lockdown rules, whoops, sorry, etc. Even if it did happen as he's claiming now, it makes him a pathological liar who endangered his family rather than a pathological liar who couldn't give a damn about breaking the flimsy rules he'd yeeted out the door of No. 10. And since his new account is that he evacuated his family from London because they were about to be murdered by a raging mob, you'd think that their safety would have been his primary concern on their Barnard Castle picnic.

What truth rating comes below Pants on Fire?

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed May 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Johnson has survived plenty of accusations about things he's said. The public doesn't care. In fact, I think they sympathise with him more when people target him like this. Cummings is just a blowhard who wants to stay relevant and not a single word out of his mouth can be trusted anyway. The man literally edited his own blog post from two years ago and then made out on the BBC like he'd predicted Covid all along.

The only thing that will damage Johnson in any way at all is if someone released recordings of some of the things he's said, and even then I think it might not have much of an impact. If Cummings had the recordings he should have released them by now. His word alone means nothing when he's a proven utter liar.

As a side note, I've booked my vaccine appointment for my first jab now that the priority list has hit my age range!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed May 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Mantis wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:45 pm
The public doesn't care.
I doubt there's a scandal that could take the Tories down, they've done such a good job of destroying Labour in public opinion. At this point, I just assume that the public will vote in the exact opposite direction to what I assume is common sense.

eny

Post by eny » Thu May 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Getting my first jab on Wednesday. Woooooo \:D/

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Just got mine. Didn’t get offered a lollipop. Proper gutted. :(
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:51 pm

I had my first one a couple of Sundays ago. Didn't feel anything apart from an achy arm the next day.

When I sat down in the waiting area to make sure I would survive the next 15 minutes, a bloke sat next to me, leaned across and said "It wasn't the worst little prick that I've ever felt".

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:37 pm

I'm fully double-jabbed as of last Friday. Joints were sore on both occasions - it seemed to slightly trigger my mild arthritic condition in all the usual areas. Back to normal after a couple of days though.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Got my first last Friday. Body reacted to the stuff half a second after administration, kinda freaked me out for a brief moment.
Usual soreness at injection point, a few moments of minor chest aches around the heart but otherwise it’s been uneventful so far.

A young lady was after me after I left the station and she sadly didn’t have a smooth experience with it. Looked like she had a seizure the moment it was administered.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 am

Maybe something psychological then?

I had my first one the other day (I'm 29, so Pfizer). It went fine, no side effects except a slightly achey arm for a day. I hope the second one is as nice.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:20 am

Pew-Pew wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 am
Maybe something psychological then?

I had my first one the other day (I'm 29, so Pfizer). It went fine, no side effects except a slightly achey arm for a day. I hope the second one is as nice.
With Pfizer the second jab is supposed to have a bigger reaction, although in both cases mine was the same: achey arm for a few days and a slightly raised temp and headache that evening.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:40 am

Had both of mine for a few weeks now. First one (AZ) gave me stomach cramps for about 30 mins the evening I had it, second one wiped me out the next day but was fine after that.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 am

Abs_McBain wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 pm
A young lady was after me after I left the station and she sadly didn’t have a smooth experience with it. Looked like she had a seizure the moment it was administered.
Well that's horrible, poor girl.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:51 pm

First one done and dusted. Feel a bit warm but that could just be the weather (it's bastard humid out).

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

I finally got my vaccination this morning. Here in Luxembourg we don't get told which one we're getting - we just show up on appointment day and it's whatever it is.

I only knew it wasn't Astrazeneca, as that is now (i think) being given to people who voluntarily signed up to skip the queue and start getting it about six weeks ago.

As it turns out I got the Johnson vaccine this morning, so that's me done and dusted with one shot. Very slight queasiness through the day, but otherwise I'm feeling fine after 12 hours.

I also got a certificate with a QR code I can show at restaurants or wherever to confirm i've been vaccinated. The government issue an app that shops can use to scan your code. So you take a pic of the QR code on your phone and flash it when needed. At present that means if you want to eat indoors at restaurants. Outdoor eating is unrestricted.

The stats are trending well, with an R Rate of 0.5 : https://covid19.public.lu/en.html

I think they're rapidly working down age groups. By Mid July everyone over 18 will have had a chance to get jabbed.
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!