The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Tommy

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Tommy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 pm

The website wouldn't register it :lol: There hasn't been a juncture on this particular adventure that hasn't had an obstacle. Even my fucking nose was blocked.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Johnson's speech tonight was nothing short of shameful. Posturing like he's some great statesmen whilst taking no responsibility for the government's absolute cock up over the last six months and blaming the resurgence of the virus on the public.

They spent three months telling everyone to go to the pub for fucks sake, not to mention the "get fat for summer" 1/2 price McDonald's nonsense.

And the big speech in support of what important restrictions? Closing pubs and restaurants a bit early. #-o

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 am

Mantis wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:44 pm
Johnson's speech tonight was nothing short of shameful. Posturing like he's some great statesmen whilst taking no responsibility for the government's absolute cock up over the last six months and blaming the resurgence of the virus on the public.

They spent three months telling everyone to go to the pub for fucks sake, not to mention the "get fat for summer" 1/2 price McDonald's nonsense.

And the big speech in support of what important restrictions? Closing pubs and restaurants a bit early. #-o
I liked when Starmer replied highlighting Leicester as a failure of local lockdown and Johnson completely reconstructed the premise to suggest it was a success. It was bizarre how effortlessly he did it.

My test came back negative incidentally. Woke me up with a text at 6:30am. The final slap in the face.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

In fairness it could have been worse news..

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54268780
"People were mixing outside of their households because I mean it was Freshers Week, people weren't going to stay in their own kitchens and not do anything.
=D>

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 pm

If the current crop of students are anything like the miscreants I went to uni with, coronavirus won't survive their kitchens for long.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm

I don't know, if they're the same as the miscreants *I* went to uni with, every surface of the house will be capable of transmitting the virus as I was the only fucker that ever washed anything after I'd used it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:03 pm

I'll never forget one of my former uni housemates prepping raw chicken on the kitchen surface before walking off with no intention of cleaning it, and when challenged straight up said "I don't really care about hygiene." Suffice to say it was an unpleasant year, I hope the new crop have a little more wits about them considering the particularly high risk times we're in.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 pm

We had an archery range in my second year kitchen. Student wits were not in strong supply back then, and I suspect the same may be true now.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Mantis wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:03 pm
I hope the new crop have a little more wits about them considering the particularly high risk times we're in.
I think the story above is evidence that this isn't the case.

Let's be honest, kids leaving home for the first time who've frequently had no real experience of fending for themselves are always going to be idiots. That's why having campus accommodation reopen is such a daft idea. Many of them already think they're invincible.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 pm

:lol:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:54 pm

Raid wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Mantis wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:03 pm
I hope the new crop have a little more wits about them considering the particularly high risk times we're in.
I think the story above is evidence that this isn't the case.

Let's be honest, kids leaving home for the first time who've frequently had no real experience of fending for themselves are always going to be idiots. That's why having campus accommodation reopen is such a daft idea. Many of them already think they're invincible.
I like to think I'm relatively sensible re. Covid, but I do think that had I been a fresher at the time it hit, I would've been considered fairly reckless in how I would've went about. Full of drink, freedom and an eagerness to be perceived a certain way (unsure what that way would called, a prick looking back).

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Anti-lockdown protests turning nasty in London at the moment, saw a bit of footage of what essentially looked like a rowdy football yob crowd of middle aged men all shouting "Freedom" repeatedly whilst they threw stuff at and tried to push and aggravate the police line. They've had David Icke and Piers Corbyn on a platform spouting their usual bollocks about 5G and Covid being a hoax to mask a government tyrannical power grab of course.

I despair at this country.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Anti-lockdown protests turning nasty in London at the moment, saw a bit of footage of what essentially looked like a rowdy football yob crowd of middle aged men all shouting "Freedom" repeatedly whilst they threw stuff at and tried to push and aggravate the police line. They've had David Icke and Piers Corbyn on a platform spouting their usual bollocks about 5G and Covid being a hoax to mask a government tyrannical power grab of course.

I wish people like you wouldn't spread this nonsense you know. This can't be true, it's young people's fault, regardless of these protests having the average age of a Stones concert. ](*,)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm

It's far from restricted to the UK, unfortunately.