:lol:
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:06 am

:lol:

The PM did kill some hookers, but he didn't pay for them...?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:12 am

The PM did pay for them, but with his own money rather than the taxpayers'...

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:28 am

It was taxpayers money, but not white middle-class taxpayers...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:07 pm

It was from the white middle-class taxpayers, but we won't put up any further taxes to pay for our excesses and corruption...

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm

this government has lost all credibility. I think they should lift all lockdown rules now - its pointless. The PM should say - its up to you if you don't want to get vaccinated, but if you don't and you get Covid - that's your problem.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:14 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm
this government has lost all credibility.
You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:48 pm

True that. Corrupt and morally bankrupt liars who were elected based on lies and have done nothing but lie and line their own pockets ever since. I would love to see some legal accountability for corruption in office - get fucking Bozo and his cretins in the Scrubs for the next 20 years, that would do me.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm

Considering some of the murmurs from his own party today, I predict he'll be out out in the next couple of months. It's getting a bit much now.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:04 pm

So, Johnson has now "apologised" for attending the May 2020 Downing Street Pissup.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has apologised for attending a "bring your own booze" party during the first coronavirus lockdown.

He told MPs the event in the Downing Street garden was "technically within the rules" but he should have realised how it would look to the public.
It's about as big a non-apology as you can get given that he's still not admitting fault, that he's still insisting that no rules were broken despite photographic evidence to the contrary, not apologising for lying to the country for the last few weeks, and blaming the public for their misconceptions. What's the betting that the next time this is brought up, the line is "The Prime Minister has apologised for this, and now we want to get back to the important business of {whatever shitstorm they've caused now}."?

Honestly I can't even bring myself to be angry about this stuff anymore. In my head this is all perfectly normalised. This event happened six weeks after I had to say goodbye to my dad for the last time over a video call because restrictions and risk factors meant that I couldn't be with him in his final days without endangering myself and all of his carers (I was still working with the general public in person at the time), so frankly I should be furious.... but I'm just not. I'm numb to it now.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm

The biggest part of all this is that no effort at all was expended in being seen to lead the way and do the right thing and just not hold these events. It doesn't matter what fucking lame excuses they fabricunt out there, it is not leadership and will never be seen as supporting the efforts the rest of the country were taking to help stem the pandemic. I am not surprised in the least that these things have happened, because the uppers will always believe in their own self-righteousness with impunity.

Boris won't be leaving any way soon either, there is a monumental amount of shit coming yet, for him to take out with him for maximum chelation effect.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 pm

Raid wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:04 pm
So, Johnson has now "apologised" for attending the May 2020 Downing Street Pissup.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has apologised for attending a "bring your own booze" party during the first coronavirus lockdown.

He told MPs the event in the Downing Street garden was "technically within the rules" but he should have realised how it would look to the public.
It's about as big a non-apology as you can get given that he's still not admitting fault, that he's still insisting that no rules were broken despite photographic evidence to the contrary, not apologising for lying to the country for the last few weeks, and blaming the public for their misconceptions. What's the betting that the next time this is brought up, the line is "The Prime Minister has apologised for this, and now we want to get back to the important business of {whatever shitstorm they've caused now}."?

Honestly I can't even bring myself to be angry about this stuff anymore. In my head this is all perfectly normalised. This event happened six weeks after I had to say goodbye to my dad for the last time over a video call because restrictions and risk factors meant that I couldn't be with him in his final days without endangering myself and all of his carers (I was still working with the general public in person at the time), so frankly I should be furious.... but I'm just not. I'm numb to it now.
That' s fucking shit mate :cry:

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 pm

https://www.hl.co.uk/feeds/apps/newsroo ... d=17611385

:cry:

Boris should get his comeuppance, another takeaway for me is how utterly distanced the civil service are to the real world. The instigation of the party came from the PM secretary. We are in Yes Prime Minister territory now.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:44 pm

arqueturus wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 pm
It was, but at the same time, regardless of what the twats in Downing Street were doing, it was the right thing to do.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Raid wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:44 pm
arqueturus wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 pm
It was, but at the same time, regardless of what the twats in Downing Street were doing, it was the right thing to do.
100% and I'd have done the same thing.

I happened upon this not long after reading your post:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ied-sister

Obviously this is emotionally charged so not to be read potentially. What an absolute shower of c**ts they are.