The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Sly Boots » Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 am

This is interesting - it's possible the secret to fighting Covid-19 could be... llamas? :o

It seems they have special antibodies we don't that have already been used to fight Sars and Mers, and research was already taking place to see if they could help treat HIV.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-benefits

Or, as the researchers might tell coronavirus: "Winter is coming" :lol:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sun May 17, 2020 11:03 am

Llamas. Is there anything they can't do?

Also "right-wing bams" :lol:

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri May 22, 2020 9:51 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... face-masks

Natural selection at its finest right there. I swear to god, anybody who goes around coughing on others or being forcibly aggressive to those who are wearing masks deserve everything they get.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 am

Covid or no Covid coughing in my face like that would more than likely result in a swift kick to the tadger.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 pm

In a stunning revelation that will shake our democracy to the very core, it's been revealed that it's one rule for us, another for them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... reddit.com

So Dominic Cummings' wife had covid-19 symptoms, and they drove 260 miles north to Durham because they were worried their child wouldn't be cared for if Dominic also caught it. Because there's no possible way that a man of his standing would be able to arrange childcare. It wasn't even a precaution, they literally had symptoms in the household, and they were delivering their child parents who were in the high risk category.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat May 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 pm
In a stunning revelation that will shake our democracy to the very core, it's been revealed that it's one rule for us, another for them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... reddit.com

So Dominic Cummings' wife had covid-19 symptoms, and they drove 260 miles north to Durham because they were worried their child wouldn't be cared for if Dominic also caught it. Because there's no possible way that a man of his standing would be able to arrange childcare. It wasn't even a precaution, they literally had symptoms in the household, and they were delivering their child parents who were in the high risk category.
His sister-in-law lives in London, and one of his staff lives two streets away. There's no fucking excuse.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 pm

He's a fucking virus. Covid-19 was infected by Dominic Cummings.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat May 23, 2020 10:41 pm

The press have played this one brilliantly too. No 10 and various cabinet members have jumped to his defence today and now the press are reporting instances where witnesses saw Cummings 30 miles away from his Durham isolation spot visiting tourist sites. :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Sun May 24, 2020 1:51 am

Edwin being a Edwin shocker! Fuckstick selfish fucker. :x
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sun May 24, 2020 9:07 am

there are 3 careers that absolutely must set an example and do as the law stipulates
- politicians
- judges
- police

if they cannot be arsed than they have no moral high ground to condemn anyone who cannot be arsed either. Pitiful.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun May 24, 2020 12:23 pm

It'll be quite something if he can survive this without having to resign, especially given the additional witnesses of further trips up north after his isolation.

I get the feeling that without Cummings the entire Government will disintegrate. Johnson hasn't got a clue and all the political heavyweight moderate MPs were forced out at the last election so the cabinet is just full of sycophants and Britannia Unchained nutjobs, some of which are already disgraced in their former roles. If Cummings isn't there to pull rank and keep them all in line then the knives will be out for each other in no time. Not exactly ideal given we're slap bang in the middle of dealing with the pandemic and careening towards Brexit at the end of the year.

Over 35,000 official deaths, god knows how many additional ones on top of that, and top ministers are publicly defending Cumming's completely flouting the lockdown rules. It's not a good look for them at all. Given it's bank holiday Monday tomorrow and the weather will be fairly nice I get the feeling that we're about to have a lot of people rejecting the lockdown.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 pm

I think if anything, the last few years have shown that anybody in government can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it.
-Priti Patel conducted secret negotiations with Israel while "on holiday" without the knowledge of the foreign office. She resigned and then was appointed back to the cabinet two years later.
-Dominic Raab, as Brexit Secretary, showed gross incompetence by saying that he "hadn't quite understood the full extent" of how much UK trade relies on the Dover-Calais crossing. He was later made Foreign Secretary.
-I don't think I really need to go into Boris Johnson's career, but he's flip-flopped on Brexit, wasted millions on vanity projects as London mayor, demonstrated throughout his bigotry and sexism, and has been rewarded with leading the country.

I am so utterly disillusioned with British politics that I just can't see anything coming of this. They'll deny the extra trips and wait for it to blow over, while the public reaction may well end up costing thousands of lives.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun May 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Some other rising stars in the current cabinet just to really hammer the point home:

-Gavin Williamson, current education secretary, fired from the position of defense secretary in 2019 after investigations uncovered enough evidence to link him to the leaking of confidential information from a National Security Council meeting.
-Grant Shapps, current transport secretary, forced to admit in 2015 after lying about it that he had a second job under the pseudonym Michael Green where he was selling get rich quick con schemes to people whilst also working as an MP.

Regardless of the other nasty characters who hold contemptible views in the cabinet; there is demonstrable proof that Patel, Williamson and Shapps don't have the integrity to even be MPs.

It's crazy that politicians are able to avoid criminal charges or real repercussions for lying on public record, in some cases about actual criminal acts. I have to go to court quite a lot for my job and if I ever obfuscated the truth or lied about something I did in the manner that some cabinet members have then I would lose my job and face criminal charges for misleading the courts in a heartbeat.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun May 24, 2020 1:53 pm

It doesn’t help Grant Shapps that he looks like a poundshop Tony Blair and has a name that sounds like a pretentious soft drink.