Borderlands 3

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Borderlands 3

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:41 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 am
I played as Zero but to be honest I didn't find many of the skills in Borderlands 2 to be that great and with the passing of time I think they probably feel even worse now so I'm not surprised you are struggling to find one you like. The class system was always the weakest part of Borderlands 2 I think.
Glad it's not just me! I really enjoyed playing as Brick in BL1, just going into berserker mode and beating everything into submission with fists... there wasn't a boss in the game I couldn't take down that way. I miss not having something like that in the second one.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 am

I think I said before, when it comes to single player - BL2 was the better game overall, but BL1 had the slightly better classes.

Co-op I'm not sure about. I've heard a lot of good things about BL2 co-op class match-ups though.

Animalmother

Post by Animalmother » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm

First play through was with the gunserker, you could akimbo 2 weapons as special power. Wasn't much use really. Next time was with Gaige and her robot, found her fun to use.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 am

I have always struggled with the classes that have a 'pet'. I played Gaige for a while too, and her robot becomes very powerful as you pile in the points, but it amounted to pressing a button to have something else kill everyone, which I felt kinda robbed the game of it's main point.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid

Post by Raid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 am

Snowy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 am
I have always struggled with the classes that have a 'pet'. I played Gaige for a while too, and her robot becomes very powerful as you pile in the points, but it amounted to pressing a button to have something else kill everyone, which I felt kinda robbed the game of it's main point.
Yeah, that's the problem I had with most of the classes, and it was even worse in the Pre-Sequel. Fully automated class skills aren't fun.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 am

Have to say I'm having more fun as Maya, like you guys say having a bot run off and kill everything for you isn't that interesting gameplay-wise. I'm also enjoying the siren's phaselock skill more, it feels more tactical and has got me out of a number of scrapes. Now in my mid-20s level-wise I'm starting to unlock some interesting powers for it as well.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 am

Maya's decent, although in single player she needs her skill tree to be very carefully managed - especially in playthrough 2 onwards. I found BL2 more difficult to solo than BL1 on the next playthroughs in general. The incoming damage becomes insane to deal with at times.

(Not including Gaige, but I didn't like her because of the reasons above - I want to kill the enemies dammit!)