New Bioshock Game in the Works

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

New Bioshock Game in the Works

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:06 pm

From newly formed studio Cloud Chamber...

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... experience

Still years away though

Mantis
Landlord

Re: New Bioshock Game in the Works

Post by Mantis » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm sure Levine was one of the chief writers as well as being director of the previous titles, so hopefully they can manage to do the series justice without him. The first game and Infinite were absolute classics.

Though to be honest I think it would just have been better left alone. The end of Infinite kind of left them with nowhere to really go, it's scope was huge and it concluded the overall point of the series really nicely.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Yeah I agree. The unexpected callbacks to the original game in Infinite were really cool.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:14 am

I hated Infinite with a passion :lol:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

While I've enjoyed Bioshock, it's never fully clicked with me. I found the shooting too cumbersome and floaty and the RPG-lite mechanics too inconsequential. Infinite's quantum mechanics-entrenched story was interesting at times, but the world and story of the series as a whole leaves me cold. They'd have to come up with something truly enticing to convince me to play a new one.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:00 am

Yeah, Bioshock's theming has always been top notch, but gameplay-wise I've always found it wanting. Infinite is the only one I completed, and it felt much better to play than the first two, but it was still nowhere near as satisfying as the likes of Doom or Borderlands. I can't even nail it down as to why.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm

I really enjoyed the first two. The controls were iffy and never felt 'right' but the setting was fantastic. I think the first was the best - hearing the metal boots of a Big Daddy and knowing you were in for a titanic scrap was fantastic.

Infinite felt like you were walking through a set of clockwork marionettes that would go through the motions but weren't real, something only compounded by their instant disappearance whenever a gunfight started. It was just arse. Also, I think that was one RPS review that I hated more than any other before or since, it was so up it's own arse!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:17 pm

I love the Bioshock games, the first was just unlike anything I'd ever played before. I loved the story and visuals in Infinite but the combat was woefully bad.

Next one set on the moon or something like that maybe?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Enjoyed the first one. Picked the second one up years later in a sale, but it kept crashing so abandoned it, never really felt a compunction to play the third one.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:17 pm
I love the Bioshock games, the first was just unlike anything I'd ever played before. I loved the story and visuals in Infinite but the combat was woefully bad.

Next one set on the moon or something like that maybe?
Didn't Levine say that was where the first one was going to be set, with Nazis or some such nonsense?