Last Of Us Remake [PC]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Raid
Local

Re: (RUMOUR) Last Of Us Remake PC

Post by Raid » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:38 pm

I played the PS4 remaster, but you could feel that the gameplay came from the PS3 era. It's not bad by any means, it just didn't hook me.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:36 pm
Well now I don't know what to think :lol:
That everyone else is just wrong [-(

I found the trick to dealing with groups of infected is to distract them to one spot then lob a Molotov into the middle, they won't avoid the flames.

Groups of people is similar, place bombs and try and draw them into that area and watch the giblet fountain erupt. Pick off stragglers with the bow.

It can be a very frustrating game at times and the above tactics are only good if you have the gear. Trying to stay back and pick them off one by one usually works.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Would you class it as more of a stealth game or an action game primarily, AM?

If I can sneak around picking enemies off individually for the most part, I'd be happy with that.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:31 pm

Mostly a stealth game with large chunks of exploration without any enemies about (which truth be told are the best parts of the game). Seeing as you'll usually have very little ammo for most of the game running and gunning isn't an option.

I'm a bit bias as it is a game I love and I've replayed it about 4 times over the years.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:45 am

I loved the stealth and combat but I’ve also not replayed it yet but since I also loved 2s stealth and combat it’ll probably hold up. Clickers are really fun to maneuver around.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:00 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:05 pm

If I can sneak around picking enemies off individually for the most part, I'd be happy with that.
Less picking off enemies and mostly just sneaking past them. It's not an action game in any way I would say.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Last Of Us Remake PC

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:39 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:00 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Less picking off enemies and mostly just sneaking past them. It's not an action game in any way I would say.
Works for me :)

(Also replying to take out the part in the title about it being a rumour :lol:)

Hatredsheart

Re: Last Of Us Remake [PC]

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:40 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:58 pm

They've revised the pc requirements

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:47 pm

Seems like there might be some technical issues with the port, seeing crashing issues reported and people saying they're waiting for over an hour for the game to compile shaders before they can even play. I think Horizon had something similar to the latter, but it only took about 20 seconds there.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:20 pm

Damn... it was still 'mostly positive' when I checked earlier, now it's down to 'mostly negative' and only 33% positive reviews
The single worst PC port I have ever seen. Waited 10 years for the game, avoiding any and all walkthrough videos, reviews, spoilers and etc. and this disgusting excuse of a port ruined every single ounce of excitement I had for the game. Building shaders for almost 2 hours now, crashes in main menu while building shaders every 5 or so minutes.

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. I made the mistake of pre-ordering it. Crashed again as I was writing this. I've never been more disappointed in a game release.
:(

Also, I'm not seeing any official reviews of it, I'm guessing they didn't send out review codes... probably because they knew it was bad?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Also this:

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:04 am

At this point people should be staying away from PlayStation PC ports at launch.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:10 am

Unrelated to the game, but the current thing that Youtuber's do to try and draw attention to their videos by putting photos of themselves pulling increasingly ridiculously pained or expressive faces really winds me up. Some channels I always used to watch have started doing it recently and it just guarantees now that I won't bother with a video because if they have to pull a stupid face on the front to exaggerate the situation you can almost always tell that their actual commentary won't be anything worthwhile at all.

It's always for otherwise not particularly outrageous things too. There's no need for the face at all. The only time you'd be justified in pulling a facial expression like that on your thumbnail is perhaps if it's a vlog about you recently getting a colonoscopy or something. Try it for a video about Diablo 4's skill tree not being very well thought out and all you're doing is verifying your own idiocy and that your opinion isn't worth listening to.

But yeah, The Last of Us Remake doesn't run very well on PC currently. The utter horror.
Spoiler

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 am

Unfortunately YouTubes algorithm will show that pained expressions pull in new punters and so creators want the extra X factor and will blindly follow the 'rules'.
It's the same with adding clickbaity titles too. "Top 10 things wrong with The Last of Us. Number 7 will blow your mind".
-- To be completed at some point --