Valheim

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Alan

Re: Valheim

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Now I see how nice the devs seem to be I feel bad refunding it :lol:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:46 am

Florey and I have been playing this for a week, taking it very slow, as we don't really want to be spend ages fighting off hordes of monsters.

Still, we have a small settlement going and slowly unlocking the mats and ingredients through exploration. A few troll encounters, and shed loads of skellies and gredwarves! it's all in good fun.

It's a really chill game, and I do like the fact you don't die from not eating, which I traditionally hate in these kinds of games. And yet they make food buffs sufficiently beneficial that you do tend to keep them just as a matter of course. It's well done.
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Dumped about 80 hours into this over the last two weeks. The building is addictive, the resource gathering can get quite tiresome when working on large scale projects, particularly when you discover the wonder of wood iron poles and need to mine a ton of iron scrap.

We've just beaten the third boss and a couple of us skipped ahead of the group to mine the mountain and craft gear strong enough to make a few trips into the plains. But the most important thing is that my enormous hilltop mansion and treehouse built at the very top of a pine tree are both finally done.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 am

Obligatory screenshots. I love the lighting in this game, really pairs well with the low poly texture style.
Spoiler

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:33 am

This game has stolen my life completely. It's great! Like Mantis, I was initially sceptical, but the atmosphere of the game and the feeling of progression really reeled me in.