Vietnam mod for Arma 3

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Vietnam mod for Arma 3

Post by eny » Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 pm

This looks impressive:

[%E2%80%A6]aunch&utm_content=arma3-creatordlc-sog-prairiefire-outnow
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Re: Vietnam mod for Arma 3

Post by Animalmother » Sat May 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Looks very impressive alright. Watched a video about it earlier, the map is immense and is full of villages, bases and massive underground networks.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat May 08, 2021 3:29 pm

It does look fantastic. The main problem is going to be that it is ARMA, and likely will require a well set up and well run server to get any kind of enjoyment out of it, and there's the rub. The people who set up those servers insist on voice comms, being aligned to a given squad, taking a given role, going where you are told and doing what you are told, then enforcing it in game and adding mods to add realism (running 10 metres with full kit on and you start to slow and get out of breath).

Now there is nothing wrong with that per se, just that along the way fun often gets forgotten, and certainly logging in for an hours enjoyable gaming is less of an option as you mightn't actually see any action whatsoever in that hour.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat May 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Yeah I've been on one of those servers before and I find them to be quite full on. There always seemed something a bit off to me with wanting to go all out simulation with playing soldier.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat May 08, 2021 5:05 pm

Yeah afraid I am the same.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I have spent many hours just in the last few weeks co-oping Ghost Recon with Raid and Solitaire and have had an absolute blast sneaking, shooting and stabbing my way through some often very tactical missions, but I get to feel like a fucking badass doing it. Being told I am not allowed a particular gun because I am not playing a specific class (which is pretty arbitrary if joining a busy server), or that I am not allowed to drive a vehicle that will otherwise sit gathering dust because the commander doesn't want the hassle of vehicles - ah it all just sucks the fun out of the thing.

But I reckon get it right - a good crew on a good server - and this could be really special.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=