TGA Ghosts - co-op goodness for all

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Re: TGA Ghosts - co-op goodness for all

Post by eny » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:30 pm

Played a bit earlier and to say "overwhelmed" is an understatement. I'd forgotten just how dense this game is for features and controls...but it is still a sublime game for sure.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:43 pm

Likewise. I'm just exploring a little now to get to grips with where I left off on each profession track and there are so many layers to the menus and systems it can be a bit mind boggling.

Such a great vibe though just trotting around. I recall playing it with some other friends a while back and we spent an afternoon on it just fishing by the huge lake.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:06 am

I don't have my PC with me, fellas :( otherwise I'd sign up as a lackey in a heartbeat! Ugh, I really should have brought the damned thing.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:10 pm

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right? I've been trying to maintain the daily streak to try and earn gold to get me towards the Bounty Hunting profession. Today's was going to be easy; craft one tonic. For that you need a campfire. When Mantis, Bird, Prey and I played for an hour or two earlier, I got within half a second of doing this at Mantis' camp, but he accidentally started a mission and the game loaded into it before I had chance. Never mind, I'll just find a fire later, and we got on with some rootin' shootin'.

After dinner I decided to log in and get it done, while exploring the South-West corner of the map which I've never spent a lot of time in. Absolutely nowhere had a useable camp fire. Not even Gus, the hunter, had one I could use at his camp. Oh, he has a camp fire, and a pot of stew atop it, but you can't use the damned thing to craft at. I explored for an hour trying to find one of these sodding open fires before giving up and deciding to do one of the other dailies. Ride a train for a set distance. Easy. I run around the train track until I find the train, jump aboard, and start riding on top of a carriage watching the miles go up and the sun go down. Great.

...and then a posse of four players board the train, kill the driver, hogtie me and carry me to the front of the train to run me over with it, because at some point the game had decided that I no longer wanted the Defensive (ie: non-PvP mode) setting, and had secretly switched me to the Aggressive one.

I did eventually get both dailies done, but bloody hell that was a far longer task than expected. :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:47 pm

Epic! I almost joined earlier but my struggles getting up to speed with the game again, and trying to decipher the online side and it having no relation to my SP progress sort of scared me out of it. It is such a fantastic game, I remember getting totally absorbed in my SP playthrough way back, and will hopefully drop in soon. I'm glad so many of us are getting into it.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:17 pm

Posse - Ok, it's important that nobody shoot the wagon containing the barrels...

Me thinking I saw an enemy move right next to the wagon -
Spoiler
*Wagon explodes*

Posse -
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:32 am

Chris there is a campfire at your own camp that you can use, also one south of the stables in Valentine and another just north of the sherriff's office in Blackwater. There are others, but those are the ones I know from memory.

Bit late, I know...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:56 am

My camp was somewhere in the northern part of the map, and I wanted to explore the south west, also ruling out Blackwater and Valentine. The latter is the only one I knew from memory, having started using it once and a vagrant took offence so I had to knock him out - not my proudest moment. I mostly spent the time hunting, but when I did eventually get bored of that, and after the train debacle, I did eventually fast travel to Valentine to use that one.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:35 pm

You can move your camp, costs nothing to do. It lives in a menu that I could describe if I didn't use a gamepad...
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm

It costs two dollars! Two. Dollars.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:14 am

I'll get my coat...
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:59 pm

So this just hit Game Pass (and Steam, where it costs a tenner):

Looks a bit like Among Us, social deduction type thing where one of you is trying to screw over everyone else. What with it being effectively free on GP, maybe we could try getting a forum game together?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:13 pm

Worth a punt, will install it.

Just one thing, El Gaucho may have a slightly unhealthy obsession with my being a villainous killer never to be trusted. He remembers me being untrustworthy in Among Us, and holds quite a grudge :lol:

For myself I think he is thinking of someone else, I barely ever got the Imposter role and pretty much always got caught. Who knows what is true?!
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Quick heads up. If you wish to try out the new game from Vermintide devs, you can grab the play test directly below the add to cart button on its store page...
Play the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Playtest now!
You have been invited to play! Click to install and get started.

35GB in size.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:17 pm

'In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.'