Big Forum Grand Strategy Game?

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Bird

Big Forum Grand Strategy Game?

Post by Bird » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:23 pm

I was wondering whether that would be an appetite (or even if its logistically possible) to get a big forum game going on a grand strategy game that supports lots of players?
I'm thinking something like Stellaris, Civ, Crusader Kings, Total War:Warhammer III (Immortal Empires), Anno 1800 and so on. Feel free to mention others!

I have a lot of fun playing these with like 4-5 people but a few games out there support up to 8 or even 16 players, but short of joining some game with complete randoms I've never known anyone make the most of it! Another factor is starting games and never getting to the end of them, it would be cool to get a save going and actually schedule in to pick it up again. I thought the forum might be good for that.

I'll wait for the tumbleweed to roll but I could be wrong. I can see there's apparently about 80 users on the forum, I just need 7 of you :P

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Big Forum Grand Strategy Game?

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:27 pm

Do any of those games support people playing at different times, or is it something you all have to be online at the same time to do? I'd be up for the former but the latter might be hard to find a set time for on the regular.

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:43 pm

I think we would have to go back into the vaults of the past to look at play by email sort of stuff for that, so that probably points towards the Civilisation series?

I don't think if something like this would work on the newer game? https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Neptunes Pride? ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:09 pm

In theory I like the idea, however I always struggle to grasp the intricacies of grand strategy titles. Depending on what we choose, I am happy to have a crack but will probably be the first to fall :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:13 am

I'd be up for it if it were actually possible.