Suicide Squad: Kill the Rocksteady Legacy

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Lenny Solidus

Suicide Squad: Kill the Rocksteady Legacy

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:01 pm

https://www.pcgamer.com/suicide-squad-k ... d-to-2024/

Whatever the game was set to be is now pretty much set in stone and the reception it will no doubt receive no matter the due date will for many in some shape or form tarnish Rocksteady's once impenetrable name. They took the wrong step forward going with taking on anything attached to GaaS ensuring that no delay or anything other than a complete scrap it and start over approach will now change things for the better.

Rocksteady should never have been put on this kind of game in the first place especially when word came down that both of its co-founders announced they would be departing the company last year, the signs were already present - we are already well into the era in which the Rocksteady we once knew and our very perception of it has altered to a very high degree.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Animalmother
Local

Re: Suicide Squad: Kill the Rocksteady Legacy

Post by Animalmother » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:39 pm

Probably not helped by the fact the bloated super hero bubble looks like it's finally at bursting point. No loss.

Not too many studios with an a relatively unscathed reputation left is there. CDPR pissed that away with the Cyberpunk launch and Naughty Dog are tarnished by The Last of Us PC port.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Wow, the most underwhelming and boring looking game for quite some time. The sheer amount of shit polluting the screen is amazing.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:13 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Wow, the most underwhelming and boring looking game for quite some time. The sheer amount of shit polluting the screen is amazing.
It's games like this that make me wonder if I'm getting too old for gaming...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:36 am

Was this always designed to appeal to the arcade hero-shooter / MOBA crowd or have they bolted that stuff on recently? I always assumed it was going to be a co-op Arkham-style game. Either way, the on-screen score counter and obvious loot crates mean I won't be bothering (although as the Arkham games weren't for me either, there wasn't much chance of it anyway).

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:05 pm

From the look of it, the only fun to be had is playing bingo with game design don'ts. So far I've got overblown UI clutter, limp physics, brainless enemies, impactless weapons, constant wisecracks that aren't wise or especially cracky and an art style that's somehow both lurid and dull as dishwater. I only need poor ladder handling to complete a line.

To be fair, they have nailed the character of Harley Quinn, given that the one thing she's known for is drifting about rooftops like an empty crisp packet.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:32 pm

A minor game design choice that's always bugged me; characters that fire a grappling hook into the sky (ie: off the top of the screen) to swing around, but without there being a sensible thing for that grappling hook to attach to. I think in this they're explaining that away with there being some sort of Bat-glider constantly hovering above Harley, but it doesn't fix the problem of it looking and feeling crap.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:47 pm

Also the constant jabbering that's going on would drive me insane. There seems to be 3 or 4 characters constantly talking over each other. It just looks like someone remade Agents of Mayhem with DC characters.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:30 pm

Lol... 6 weeks after release this is discounted by nearly 50% on Steam

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:30 pm
Lol... 6 weeks after release this is discounted by nearly 50% on Steam