Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - PC in November

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - PC in November

Post by eny » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 pm

=D> \:D/ :lol:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

eny

Post by eny » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:59 am

Not surprising, but hopefully an interesting stat for the publishers only releasing on Epic.

I pre-ordered it directly from R*. I knew it was a game I loved already from the PS4 and the 50 gold bars I got for my pre-order let me short-cut a lot of grind in RDO.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:31 am

I think this was the second game i picked up after delayed release on Steam - the first being Hades. I've just not the time to get into it like it deserves, but it is fantastic! I think Borderlands 3 will be the next Epic deferred game.
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:55 am

Singleplayer it is a work of art, and Online is also sublime. Unquestionably my favourite game of all time.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Tank

Post by Tank » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 am

I am really interested in picking this up now.

How does it run on the PC platform now?
Anderson: [reads Kay's mind] Sir, he's thinking about going for your gun.

Judge Dredd: Yeah?

Anderson: [reads it again] He just changed his mind.

Judge Dredd: Yeah...

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:04 pm

That's a surprise.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Tank wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 am
I am really interested in picking this up now.

How does it run on the PC platform now?
Runs like a dream for me, I think the majority of the performance gremlins are a distant memory now. It was a bag of spanners at launch but they soon fixed it up.

Add OriginalSnowy to your friends if you pick it up Tank, be happy to posse up with you and get you started online.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:30 pm

I have had a little more griefing-type behaviour recently in RDO, not so much as to be massively annoying but one was a bit of a pain.

I have the four professions unlocked, Collector, Bounty Hunter, Moonshiner and Trader. To further my Trader ranking, I have been hunting anything that flies or walks and delivering the pelts and carcasses to Cripps, the NPC who lives at my camp. He makes goods from your donations which, once you have enough, you can take to sell.

The first of the two little tales for this post was the most annoying. I had enough goods for a trading run, so set out to deliver. You can do short range safe deliveries, or longer range ones where you become fair game for other players. If I have a posse I do the longer range runs, but as I was playing solo I went local. I had to take them from my camp just south of Valentine to Emerald Ranch, a nice short hop across flat country. I decided I would eschew the roads and go direct, and with my choice made I set off.

Almost immediately I got a message saying that the mission was over, the buyer had been killed. I rode back to camp but there was no way to return the wagon of goods to my stocks, and on dismounting the wagon no longer showed on the map – my wagon-full of goodies was now useless, a loss.

Mounting up, I rode across to Emerald Ranch to find a newbie laying waste to anything with a pulse. Clearly he had been on his rampage when my mission contact spawned and was killed along with anyone else in shooting distance. Taking position on a hill nearby I repeatedly blew his head off from long range, which made me feel marginally better but didn’t bring my goods back.

On the second run a couple of days later, I was trotting happily through the Heartlands enjoying the sun setting and throwing some great colours across the landscape. A short distance from the mission goal, another guy also transporting goods came the opposite way. I steered wide of the path to let him through, only to have him turn directly at me and slam his wagon straight into the side of mine, the impact killing the horse pulling his wagon and throwing him from it.

I continued on my way, muttering rude things about his parentage under my breath as I did, only to have a bullet come whizzing in from behind and killing me. I promptly respawned and hunted him down, only to see smoke on the horizon – he had set fire to my goods wagon. I have to admit at that point that I saw red and spent a good while hunting him. I killed him, he killed me, back and forth until he decided he had had enough and ran for it. One last long range kill with my Carcano rifle and I left him to it. I then realised that the delivery quest timer was still ticking down on screen and that my wagon was still an icon on the map, so I went to take a look. It was charred but intact, so I jumped on and completed the delivery as planned. Quite chuffed at that one, and pleased that the pillock hadn’t used dynamite.

The idiot fraternity is still very much in the minority and in the way of bullies everywhere tends to search out lower level players. I am now a shade away from level 80 and too much hassle for all but the most hardened griefers to bother with thankfully.

Anyone else playing? Be good to get a posse together for any and all wild western shenanigans.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

They really should have a way of to differentiate normal players from the shitebags, think they did it with DayZ by making repeated offenders visually distinctive.

Keep meaning to start playing but Borderlands 3 got my attention and after that Kingdom Come looks appealing.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am

Goyt it but still haven't settled into a routine to play it. Too much going on games wise :)

Have you seen that 'mod' that makes everything look like a miniature train set? Someone just filmed a town as the AI comings and goings went on?

-- To be completed at some point --

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 am

I have to stress the shitebags are in the vast minority, I just write about them on here because writing about moonshine running, fishing, bounty hunting, while there is a load of fun to be had in-game they don't really translate well as stories.

Had another one last night. I have recently bought a hunting wagon that takes a load more pelts and carcasses than just my horse, in order to boost my trading output. I had gone out hunting and with the wagon creaking under the weight of the myriad animals I had slaughtered I was headed back to my camp. As I was riding there, I saw the blue dot of another player on the radar and heard shots so panned my view round and stopped the wagon. There was another player on his horse behind me. After a few seconds he fired but missed, so I figured he was messing about. A moment later a shot from him hit me, so I shot him with my bolt-action rifle in the head, killing him. I carried on my way, he respawned and came directly at me, so I did the same again. He respawned but quickly dropped off my radar so I figured he had had enough and rode the rest of the way back to camp.

I had just given all the goods over to my production guy in the camp when in rides the penis and starts shooting at me. My camp is a safe zone, so his shots did nothing to me. I ignored him. There are a couple of issues with this though, the first being that you can get trampled by horses just the same, which is what he started trying to do. I walked into a covered awning in my camp and proceeded to laugh at him as he tried unsuccessfully to hit me with his horse. He then lassoed me - I was surprised this worked as it is a similar mechanism to shooting and while he had blasted away at me his shots did no damage. His lasso worked though and he promptly had me hogtied and slung over the back of his horse. I tapped the X button to free myself which took me about 20 seconds, hopped off his horse, whipped out my hand-cannons and disposed of him again. I called my own horse (a bit like Roach in TW3 you can summon them easily) and rode off, before taking a bead with my Carcano rifle - basically a pimped out sniper rifle. Unfortunately the Carcano is scoped-only, and Mr Pecker had realised I was scoping him and so started weaving about as yet again he ran at me. No problem - I popped a shot between his horse's eyes, killing it and reducing him to 10 minutes of the nigh on useless Scrawny Nag mount and rode off.

There was no way he could keep up with me and I soon left him in my dust. With some time free I have a quick scan of the player list, the guy was level 100 so not the usual low level griefer that I have occasionally found. I decided to have some fun with him - I rode to my moonshine shack which I have upgraded to have a bar, invited the idiot to a posse and then entered the shack with full posse (basically teleports the whole posse to you). I knew he would want to quit and ambush me outside but I also knew Mrs Snowy was about to serve up an early Valentines meal. Sure enough he ran out of the moonshine shack and quit the posse, at which point I reported his griefing activity before logging off 4 kills to zero. I wonder how long he waited outside my shack for? :lol:
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:18 am

Oh and Animalmother, Kingdom Come is awesome :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Jesus, do you just attract these bawbags or what?