Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - PC in November

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - PC in November

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Like I say, I just write stories about the idiots because they are fun to write. Most of my time in-game is spent enjoying myself with other players or on my own, the arseholes are the massive minority. Also due to the way that the game hosts, you are unlikely to meet the same player twice. If I log on and look at the player list, finding myself a list that has names in red (has attacked other players) I just wander into a saloon, join a poker game, play a hand or two and then leave. That will join me onto another group of players so problem solved.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Keep putting them up mate, very entertaining :lol:

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:19 pm

I'm considering getting it for PC for the multiplayer despite having it on PS4 and only being about three hours into the story.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm

That may actually be a good thing Dave. The visuals and visual effects on PC are truly breathtaking and if you are only 3 hours in then you will have the whole of the SP campaign as well as the Online element - so much of the game will be fresh for you.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:23 am

I was given a bit of cash as a gift, so I've decided to splash out and purchase this. Downloading now.

In only 7 short hours I'll be able to play :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:07 am

I've scoured out an SSD to make space for it and have done the first few missions. Glad I did, very playable on my old system, exceptionally enjoyable! Anyone else get a Far Cry Primal feel to the dynamics a bit? Took to the bow straight away....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:52 am

Add me (OriginalSnowy) to your Rockstar friends list, always happy to posse up for some fun and games. I have all the careers so can take you on moonshining or bounty hunting missions to get you some cash and experience.

Oh, and be sure to bag yourself the White Arabian horse that spawns up by Lake Isabella in Single Player once you are free to roam around.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:44 am

If I'm honest, I doubt I'll touch the multiplayer side, not really my bag.

I've spent a couple of hours wandering around in the snow so far, seems ok. I find it slightly off-putting that I'm 95% sure the voice actor for Arthur is the same as the Doc in Desperadoes :lol:

Edit: Apparently not. They could be voice twins, though.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 am

I tentatively tried Online last night - same as Sly, not my thing normally - but rage quit after a hunt the wolf mission ended up being 'spawn killed by wolf overandoverandoverandover again' :evil: .....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Ugh. Just playing the Who The Hell is Leviticus Cornwall train robbery mission. Did the whole thing fine, stopped the train etc. Then when you're supposed to board the train to advance the mission one of the NPCs barged me out of the way, got on first ahead of me and is now blocking the doorway preventing me from entering. The game clearly believes I'm on board as the rest of the gang are exhorting me to search the back of the carriage I can't enter. I can't even aim my gun to shoot the bastard blocking the way.

Quit out hoping a reload would solve the issue, but guess what, no checkpoint and I'm right back at the start of the mission.

That's incredibly annoying.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:27 pm

For me, Online just lets me keep on enjoying the beautiful world that R* have created with others along to enjoy it with me. My posts about adversarial folks are the exceptions to the rule, for the most part you will just have a great time playing as a group against the world and NPCs.

Trust me, I despise adversarial online experiences and would have left and never looked back if it wasn't fun.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:48 pm

Got properly stuck into this today, and had a proper rootin', tootin' time I'm pleased to report. Finally got out of the mountains (only to return a short time later to pick up the white Arabian, cheers Snowy :)), and spent a number of happy hours riding about, completing missions, collecting bounties, a bit of hunting, and spent a probably silly amount of time playing dominoes and poker. It's quite nice to just amble about and have a go at whatever you fancy doing at that time.

I also like just stumbling across little side events, like the guy I saved from wolves, or the chain gang prisoner I freed who gave me a tip about a good house to burgle... and just now, while travelling across the map for a side mission I stumbled across an isolated house at night. I was given a rather too effusive welcome by an obese hillbilly, who invited me in for dinner with he and his wife.
Spoiler
Despite getting the full creep out vibes I forced poor Arthur to stay with them for dinner, only for him to end up drugged, robbed and waking up in an open grave full of corpses. It felt very gratifying to sneak back to the house under cover of darkness, gun down both hillbillies (also cannibals) to recover my money and a bit more besides. And that was just from checking out a point of interest I only chanced upon through my own curiosity.

Good game.

On the performance front I haven't noticed any issues at all running it.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am

Glad you are enjoying it Alan :)

it is also worth paying a visit to the gunsmith in St Denis once you complete "The battle of shady belle", as he will sell you a brace of M1899 pistols, the absolute last word in handguns in the game. Before that, if you venture into the shabbier of the two saloons in Valentine you will get a side quest to track down a number of old gunslingers. The outcome of these meetings varies, but will see you get some nice custom pistols that you will end up using until the twin automatics become available.

Also be sure to track down and kill the legendary buck as soon as you can - it improves the quality of the hides you get from hunted animals, which in turn will help you kit out your camp as well as getting nice custom duds from the trapper (permanent in St Denis but also in a couple of spots around the map).
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 am

Snowy wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am
Glad you are enjoying it Alan :)

it is also worth paying a visit to the gunsmith in St Denis once you complete "The battle of shady belle", as he will sell you a brace of M1899 pistols, the absolute last word in handguns in the game. Before that, if you venture into the shabbier of the two saloons in Valentine you will get a side quest to track down a number of old gunslingers. The outcome of these meetings varies, but will see you get some nice custom pistols that you will end up using until the twin automatics become available.

Also be sure to track down and kill the legendary buck as soon as you can - it improves the quality of the hides you get from hunted animals, which in turn will help you kit out your camp as well as getting nice custom duds from the trapper (permanent in St Denis but also in a couple of spots around the map).
Yeah, I've done a couple of the gunslingers now, one of which was the crotchety pig farmer whose pistol I'm now using. Thanks for the tips, might go hunt that buck...

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 am

Well worth it - take the, um, buck bits to the fence in Emerald Station to get the trinket.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018