Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Raid
Local

Re: Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by Raid » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Indeed, I did look at those a whole back, but I thought the £46 price was better put towards replacing the entire throttle with one that came with such an analogue stick anyway.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am

Ok. Eng5 FSD and Guardian booster done. Now can I please never drive an SRV ever again?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 pm

Alan wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am
Ok. Eng5 FSD and Guardian booster done. Now can I please never drive an SRV ever again?
Till you want to do the upgrades again :P
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:48 am

Ok. I'm an Imperial Duke. Now can I please never fly a spaceship ever again?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 am

Any tips for rank-grinding? I start, then see the mountain I need to chip away and walk away, head hung low.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am

Data courier missions between Ngalinn and Mainani - very short single jump. Just get a fast ship, make it faster, no cargo needed, install autodock and autoFSD and afk it as much as possible. Just keep one eye open for interdiction which very rarely happens. All Data missions from N go to M but missions at M go to N plus another place so best just take the ones that lead you back to N.

Stuff you probably know it I didn’t! A mission with imperial navy in the title is a rank up mission that will appear when you hit 100% of a rank but don’t worry if there’s not one because any XP earned at 100% rolls into the next rank anyway. When at N if you’ve taken all the missions and have only at 12 or less I’d hang back for the board refresh so you can get the max 20 but from M I wouldn’t bother waiting because more than half tend to go to the other system you don’t want.

I think it probably took me 6-8hours maybe? Not really sure because I was either watching tv or alt-tabed out most of the time. Now is it worth doing it all again for the Feds? Probably not.... not even sure it was worth it for the Imps because man that Cutter handles like an old cruise ship! I didn’t know the Anaconda had amazing handling before now ;)

TLDR but hopefully that made sense!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 am

Good to know, I have zero rank with the Imps but a fair bit with Feds (enough for the Federal Gunship - Midshipman I think) so will look for a similar window for the Federales :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Alan wrote:
sweet, i havn't looked at guardian stuff yet. dont you have to fight thargoid stuff to make progress with guardian upgrades?

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:01 am

Asherons wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:53 pm
Alan wrote:
sweet, i havn't looked at guardian stuff yet. dont you have to fight thargoid stuff to make progress with guardian upgrades?
You just head to a planet about 1k from sol and do stupid SRV busy work while shooting guardian drones. Maybe 45mins or so should do it. Oh and take a small ship because the terrain is hard to land on.

You only have to do it once then they’re available to buy for credits..... like engineering should be!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am

So I got this cheap for the console a few weeks ago but apart from flying through some circles I haven't touched it. Think I'm a bit intimidated by the scope of it and that I'm pretty crap at flight in games. Won't be playing until I'm at least finished The Last of Us 2 which is all consuming.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:23 pm

So I made my way to Sagittarius A. I'm not sure what I was expecting but a sun painted black with a lens effect over it wasnt it! :lol:
Spoiler
Yeah that was a bit of a soggy squib but I got my name emblazoned on a bunch of systems on the way so Ive clearly made an important contribution to the universe and will be forever remembered.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 pm

It's one of the best journeys I've had in the game. Both me and a friend just looking at the black hole from my ship. Then on the return trip back did one jump after missing my refuel point. And had to self destruct... ouch.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I guess I was just expecting something more striking. I was almost expecting the skybox to be near white with the star density but it seemed much less dense there than say 10-20 jumps out which is a little weird. A more packed skybox with some crazy black thing in the middle would have been dang striking but what it was gave me a "all this way for that?" vibe. I did drop into system map at one point and didnt quite realise my momentum was taking me into a stars corona and came out of the map with basically my ship on fire. I dont think I had a module above 20% for the rest of the journey :lol:

Also, mining has been hugely nerfed.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Just a heads up for anyone wanting this that hasn't yet made the plunge, it's in the latest Humble Bundle for (at time of posting) £6.72.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/super-simulation

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:14 am

Alan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm
Also, mining has been hugely nerfed.
Seriously? How so?

A real shag if so, as it was the fast-track to removing a load of tedious grind and letting folks get focused on the more 'end-game' aspects. If it hadn't been for mining I would probably still be tooling around in a Vulture or half-geared Fer De Lance...

Also, I find mining quite a therapeutic pastime.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018