Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Lee

Re: Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by Lee » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:04 am

I am still mining VO and selling for 1.3m each.

What was nerfed was the triple hotspots overlapping for LTD that everyone was rushing to do. Not really a nerf in my eyes as it wasn't intended to happen.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm

So anyone took the punt? Had a look at some of OA's videos and it kind of looks a bit..... rubbish? I mean it's £30 and you can buy a lot of game for £30, this doesnt seem like a lot of game. :-k
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:10 am

You mean the new expansion Alan? I will get it free as I am a Founder so will report back, but I must say for me E:D is all about the ships, I am not all that fussed about FPS elements.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:06 am

I reinstalled this recently. I even bought that FPS expansion thingy. I then remembered I had bought a second account many moons ago so I could let people play about in game without affecting my current position.

So I loaded it up. Oh my god. What a faff it is now. The starter ship cannot do anything. The jump range is pitiful. The missions are pitiful. I just couldn't be bothered :(

I remember when this first came out. There were about a dozen planets. I even hand drew a map with trade routes and stuff. I bought my first HOTAS for elite. It even made me start looking at VR seriously. I loved it. Now though.. it's leaving me cold. I'm even too scared to fire up my main account and take out my pimped Python as I'm so rusty (no pun intended) I'll just end up losing it by crashing into the side of a station or something.

I just want someone to produce a single player version that I can mod to my hearts content (a bit like single player Tarkov) so I can just enjoy flying, trading and shooting with no grind.
-- To be completed at some point --

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:43 am

There's a single player Escape from Tarkov!?

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Yup, and it's da balls. It's a mod that emualtes the server locally. Only with AI (for both scavs and PMCs) obviously as there is no online bit.
Every wipe I update it and have a go at all the new stuff.

https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/

I want the same thing for Elite
-- To be completed at some point --

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:17 am

That sounds really cool, I always loved the setting and look of Tarkov but had no desire to play an adversarial shooter so left it well alone. To be able to enjoy it SP/co-op is tempting but the game is too expensive for a punt, especially on a mod with no official support.

I have not played Elite for a while now. I did take a look at the expansion but the first person elements left me cold, and I have not been back.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=