Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Elite: Dangerous [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by Snowy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 pm

I will help you out mate - take you bounty hunting to buy your basic mining ship then take you out mining for Low Temp Diamonds - it is a floodgate of cash and a fast track to buying and kitting out ships without months of grind.

Are you around this weekend?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Should be; I've got my new PC components arriving tomorrow, so as long as installation goes well I've got the whole weekend available.

I do play in VR, so voice comms will be necessary if that's alright? I also only own the base game, so I don't think I can take part in any nausea-inducing surface buggy shenanigans.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:47 pm

I don't think anyone goes to the surface of a planet unless they really really have too. Seems Engineers are the only thing Horizons adds that folk use often.

You might want to skip the VR for mining LTDs. Ive found a second screen showing Stargate SG1 is a much better friend for that but cash rolls in. Went from having next to nothing to a billion and a half in no time but it is monotonous.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:47 pm
You might want to skip the VR for mining LTDs. Ive found a second screen showing Stargate SG1 is a much better friend for that but cash rolls in. Went from having next to nothing to a billion and a half in no time but it is monotonous.
You can add any desktop window to any game as a 3D object through the Oculus software. You can't control it with the game in focus, but a couple of button presses on the Touch controllers will accomplish that. You can completely control the size, angle, and distance from your position, and it basically appears as a flat hologram in game. There's enough room just beneath the central radar display in Elite to stick a video window. I had Disney Plus running in a chrome tab auto-playing episodes of Clone Wars while I played. It's a bit of a faff learning where to put the window, but it's pretty neat otherwise.

I tried a couple of assassination contracts, succeeded in the first but ended up having to abandon the second after the target ran away. Do you need a wake scanner to follow targets when they jump out of the immediate area? There didn't seem to be a way of otherwise tracking my bounty down.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:09 am

Just did a 6k trip out to the statue of liberty nebula and explored around there for a night and then came back and sold my exploration data to sirus corporation for a permit to their corp owned star system.

there is an engineer here who i need to talk to.

i am following this guide to get all my engineers unlocked

https://www. reddit.com/r/EliteOne/comments/8bs6g8/foxs_stepbystep_guide_to_unlocking_engineers/

let it link to the reddit but it posts the entire message which is way too long

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:25 am

Thinking about doing it :-k
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:29 am

Alan wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:25 am

Thinking about doing it :-k
I havn't been to colonia yet, i might have to partake in this too

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:55 am

Raid wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 pm
I tried a couple of assassination contracts, succeeded in the first but ended up having to abandon the second after the target ran away. Do you need a wake scanner to follow targets when they jump out of the immediate area? There didn't seem to be a way of otherwise tracking my bounty down.
Depends, yes if they have frameshift jumped to another system. If they have just hopped into Supercruise you can do likewise.

If they have jumped, they will leave behind a signature that can be acquired as a 'grey' target. If there is one of these, you need a wake scanner to see where they went. If not, you can hop into Supercruise yourself and will then need a frameshift interdictor to yank them out of supercruise and finish the spanking.

Also mate, let me know where you are system-wise - I will come and meet you to go mining. Comms not a problem either.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:27 am

I'm in a system called Lugh. CMDR Raid.

I did buy a scanner and tried scanning a wake after I posted that. The scan completed but there was no obvious indication of what information it gave me.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Friend and private group invite sent (I don't do open play, object to losing hard-earned money to twats). Am docked in Cavendish Ring in Lugh, will check in again after doing a couple of chores that I need to clear :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 pm

I'll be on about half past.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Did we miss one another? It's a long time since I played with anyone else in Elite, and I don't know if social messages are obvious or not.

I've been doing a bit of pirate hunting, and I'm up to about 1.5million.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Sorry matey - added you as a friend on Discord, we can use the TGA server there to hook up if that works for you
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm still getting some ghost inputs from my X-55 Rhino when I use the throttle. So many times of it boosting towards asteroids when I am slowing down. Wrecking shields and good chunk of hull damage that I was glad I was full on Void Opals and getting the heck out of there to sell.

Tried both Usb 2.0 and Usb 3.0 and 2 different powered Hubs. Still no luck :(
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Daft question, but you don't have anything else bound to the boost control do you? Does it happen if you assign boost to another control? The game is a bit funky sometimes if you have both an axis and another control assigned to the same function; say I have my throttle set to 100% and I hit my digital reverse control, sometimes the game remembers that I have the throttle set to 100% and immediately shifts me back to flying forward when I stop pressing the button, sometimes I have to nudge the throttle axis at which point it immediately moves back to 100%.

Snowy has shown me the arcane art of deep core mining and I'm now the proud owner of an Asp Explorer, which is just a treat in VR. There's so much glass in the cockpit it feels like you're flying an interstellar greenhouse.