Re: Graveyard Keeper - out 15 August

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Lee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:55 pm
Lee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:47 pm
I do think it has the balance of ohh's and ahh's moments though. I don't know, I like the game but keep finding faults with it.
Kind of the same really. I spent hours playing it again this afternoon, unable to turn it off. I was just pottering round, making stuff, unlocking stuff... got my vineyard and beehives going, upgraded the church.

Then logged off to cook dinner and had the horrible feeling of a near-completely wasted day. I play it, find it hard to put down... and then hate myself a little bit for putting so much time into it.

Very conflicted :?
Yep. I ended up playing for a straight 6 hours without noticing it earlier. Got the vineyard just started but getting them frigging bee's for the beehives is slow. Church is just shy of being upgraded and the ass got his wheel's oiled at last.
Them frickin bees man... -_-

I found about half of the over the course of several days just checking the hives as I was going to and fro (guessing there's about a 30% drop rate, something like that?), ended up buying the other half from the guy in the village, they cost 1 silver each.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Might just do the same then. I have found 1 bee in total in about 2 hours of scouring the map for them. Also may as well grab some sort of mod to fix the walking speed. I don't mind the energy drain since my items are up to iron and soon to be steel versions and that I have most of the recipes that help fight of the drain for doing the laborious tasks.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh sly they have released a patch which seems to fix a few of our annoyances with the game but sadly you have to start over for it to work :?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/599140 ... 5365337998

It is nice the fixes are coming along quickly though :)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Lee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Oh sly they have released a patch which seems to fix a few of our annoyances with the game but sadly you have to start over for it to work :?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/599140 ... 5365337998

It is nice the fixes are coming along quickly though :)
Damn. Those sound like nice QoL improvements, but there's no way in hell I'm restarting now :(

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:43 am

I was misinformed! The patches do work on previous game saves Sly. Bought the teleport stone from the trader in the tavern :D

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 am

Lee wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:43 am
I was misinformed! The patches do work on previous game saves Sly. Bought the teleport stone from the trader in the tavern :D
Thank goodness for that! I've already mined out the stone deposit in the quarry. I wonder if this patch brings it back.... :-k

Not sure how I feel about the longer days, though... I'm pretty much dependent now on the gold and in particular faith generated by the weekly church services, it sounds like you'll only get one of those an hour now :?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 am
Lee wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:43 am
Thank goodness for that! I've already mined out the stone deposit in the quarry. I wonder if this patch brings it back.... :-k

Not sure how I feel about the longer days, though... I'm pretty much dependent now on the gold and in particular faith generated by the weekly church services, it sounds like you'll only get one of those an hour now :?
Nope. :cry:

Also my day-night cycle seems to be fucked up now. After midnight it jumps straight to midday. This is not great as most merchants and one important NPC are only present during the day -_-

Edit: Uninstalling the energy-recharge mod I was using seems to have fixed the day-night cycle.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:53 am

Is that the stone mine at the second base area? I haven't really mined at it compared to the iron and coal parts. Been trying to get down the Dungeon area but a lack of healing items is making the progress slow to reach the other levels.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm
EG review...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... mplexities
Yup. That's completely fair in every way.

It's not a bad game by any means, however it's main draw in keeping you returning to it and playing for long periods is compulsion - the idea that you're inching closer to being able to do x, which will finally enable you to do y after hours of busywork - rather than fun.

After 20-odd hours I finally unlocked an aspect of the game I felt I'd been building up to for 10 of those hours, before I felt the curtain being whipped aside to bring down the illusion of what I was doing, and the illusion of making progress, and I've not had any real desire to go back to it since.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm at the 40 hour mark in the game and still enjoying and it tearing my hair out at some stupid over sights :lol:

I'm determined to get to the end though.