HITMAN 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 13th of November

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: HITMAN 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 13th of November

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am

PCG - 84%

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/hitman-2-review/

tl;dr - more of the same, but that's not a bad thing.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:41 pm

TGA Canary reporting for duty.

I do like me a little Hitman sandbox silliness, will report back in due course.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Good man.

God speed. :)

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:43 pm

I still play season 1. Love it to bits. I'll definitely pick this up at some point.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:34 am

Played through the first mission, and straight off I want to play it again. I did OK but could do better.

It is a beach house, which when you arrive bar some security cameras is deserted. Take them out, make your way in, and you have until you access a computer to do whatever you like in the house. This was something I hadn't appreciated on my first attempt, so next time I will ensure that I take full advantage and rig the house to my satisfaction. I know several players who make moves at given points, and will make sure I have something lined up for each of them :)

Exfiltration is interesting, as your exfil point is discovered and guarded. I made sure I diverted the guards and escaped, but the actual kill was quite clumsy and an innocent died - next time I will do better!

Bit disappointed - on completing the opening mission, it suggests advanced agent training before you continue. I figured I might as well enjoy all it has to offer, so went for the training, only to find it is the same mocked up ship as the last game. Pity, but hey, on to my replay of mission 1 and onwards and upwards from there!
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 am

By the by, if you download the remastered levels through Hitman 1 it gives you the first level of Hitman 2 as well.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 am

Nice one. Thanks for the heads up fella. :D

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Right, that's more like it. Well for the first mission anyhow, not quite managed in on the others I have played.

Kinda spoilery - details how I took on the first mission.
Spoiler
I have completed an initial run on that mission (Hawke's Bay) as well as Miami, Santa Fortuna (Columbia) and just trying to kill the last target in Mumbai. Really enjoying it, the levels are massive and have thrown some interesting challenges at me as well as let me score some highly enjoyable kills.

For Hawke's Bay, I made full use of my time alone in the house before using the computer and triggering the arrival of the baddies. I knew that after making some nasty phone calls, my target would come to the bedroom for some hanky panky with her fella, who insists on walking about in tiny briefs - such a shame I am not allowed to kill him too for crimes against couture.

Anyhow, the love interest has a taste for whisky, so his glass was dosed with rat poison. I had also rigged chloroform in the ventilation system of the bathroom just to be on the safe side. I then went round and shut all the electric blinds, to limit the chances of being spotted. Finally I raided the panic room, taking 3 shuriken, a stun dart-gun, a combat knife, two pistols and two frag grenades.

House set up to my liking, I retired to the walk in wardrobe and secreted myself in a cupboard. When the two arrived, they walked straight into the wardrobe and started having quite a funny conversation (left you in no doubt as to who the boss was in that relationship, and it wasn't Billy Budgie-Smugglers!). After stripping to his awful pants, Billy says he is going to shower and my target says she is going to clean her teeth, and with that they both walk into the bathroom. The shower starts, triggering the ventilation system, and seconds later they are both choking on chloroform. I left it a while for the chloroform to dissipate, went in and dragged Billy back to the wardrobe where he was safely stashed. Went back to the bathroom and decided for the sake of theatre to dispose of my snoozing target by hurling a meat cleaver into her face. Duly executed and decorated, she joined Billy in the cupboard. The thought of what Billy would be eye to eye with when he woke up amused me, maybe he would never be able to wear such crass undies again.

So, mission complete, nobody alerted. I distracted the guard outside the door with a cunningly flicked coin, cracked open the safe room while his back was turned, and headed down and out of the house. I choked out a guard and stole his uniform to make my journey to the exfil easier, on on reaching my beached boat lobbed a frag grenade off into the dunes and nipped in and extracted while they investigated.

Job done, Silent Assassin.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Hitman is the best game I'm the worst at.

Jez

Post by Jez » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Haha :) I'm awful at it also but that was the old games from years ago.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:38 am

Sounds great. Never played one before but I have added this to my list

[EDIT] - so this is funny. I went to Steam to add to my wishlist only to find I have it already. I am lucky to be WB auto distribution list which means I get all WB games. Well colour me happy ! :lol:
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Alan wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 am
By the by, if you download the remastered levels through Hitman 1 it gives you the first level of Hitman 2 as well.
Tried doing that on the PS4, but H2 content remains locked. I gave the remastered levels a shot and they are still great, Hokkaido remains a fav and I still end up discovering new stuff!

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Am I just mis-remembering the difficulty of the past games? Because I'm sure that killing your target by throwing a meat cleaver in their unconscious face would never have been rewarded with the Silent Assassin rank on the older titles. I used to play Blood Money on the hardest difficulty and I'm positive that it was stupidly strict on the parameters for obtaining the top score, like having to make it look like an accident and how you would trigger an alert if you were spotted in the wrong area, and you couldn't even knock anyone unconscious because it would mean your presence was known. You had to literally be in and out without a single soul knowing about it.

It was that level of difficulty and having to know the routine of the NPCs perfectly that I loved about Blood Money.