HITMAN 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 13th of November

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: HITMAN 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - 13th of November

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm not sure about that Mantis, I'm pretty sure I got Silent Assassin on levels of BM in which I've knocked people out to disguise myself. I think it was more down to being seen and being caught on CCTV (though if the latter happened I'm pretty sure each level had a security room where you could steal the tape).

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:48 pm
Am I just mis-remembering the difficulty of the past games? Because I'm sure that killing your target by throwing a meat cleaver in their unconscious face would never have been rewarded with the Silent Assassin rank on the older titles. I used to play Blood Money on the hardest difficulty and I'm positive that it was stupidly strict on the parameters for obtaining the top score, like having to make it look like an accident and how you would trigger an alert if you were spotted in the wrong area, and you couldn't even knock anyone unconscious because it would mean your presence was known. You had to literally be in and out without a single soul knowing about it.
You are mis-remembering mate. You could disguise yourself as often as you wanted to, but you had to make sure that (a) you choked out or otherwise KO'd your target without being seen by them or anyone else and (b) that the body was not found before you finished the mission.

With mine, I had to use the brutal approach because she was already unconscious so I didn't have an option to garrotte her. But - I did so with no witnesses, and stored both her and Billy Badpants in a handy cupboard. Had dealt with all cameras, and got back to my boat without anyone else seeing me (and one additional guard knocked out and dropped into a freezer, which is strangely deemed non-lethal).
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Jez

Post by Jez » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Might pick this up when the new rig arrives. Seems to be pretty well received round the bazaars.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:06 am

Snowy wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 pm
Mantis wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:48 pm
Am I just mis-remembering the difficulty of the past games? Because I'm sure that killing your target by throwing a meat cleaver in their unconscious face would never have been rewarded with the Silent Assassin rank on the older titles. I used to play Blood Money on the hardest difficulty and I'm positive that it was stupidly strict on the parameters for obtaining the top score, like having to make it look like an accident and how you would trigger an alert if you were spotted in the wrong area, and you couldn't even knock anyone unconscious because it would mean your presence was known. You had to literally be in and out without a single soul knowing about it.
You are mis-remembering mate. You could disguise yourself as often as you wanted to, but you had to make sure that (a) you choked out or otherwise KO'd your target without being seen by them or anyone else and (b) that the body was not found before you finished the mission.

With mine, I had to use the brutal approach because she was already unconscious so I didn't have an option to garrotte her. But - I did so with no witnesses, and stored both her and Billy Badpants in a handy cupboard. Had dealt with all cameras, and got back to my boat without anyone else seeing me (and one additional guard knocked out and dropped into a freezer, which is strangely deemed non-lethal).
It has been a few years to be fair. Maybe it's time to dip back into the classic entry and work my way through to the latest release. Unlike many, I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Absolution. Haven't even gotten around to playing Hitman 2016 yet either.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 am

I still have my little Hitman figurine we picked up at the PW meet (that also doubled as a gaming expo) from Absolution, he is staring down at me from the top of my PC as I write this :)

The game was shite though...
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:49 am

Ahh the Columbia mission is a great level! Hitman 2 has been a fantastic game so far, now onto Mumbai!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 am

Mumbai is hard - that is where my progress has stalled.

Going to try it again from scratch I think. Also considering revising my play-style - sure the game offers up ways to Silent Assassin it all, but I think I am going to play it the way I would were I actually a hitman. I won't worry too much about collateral damage, and instead just look for good opportunities. Not going to bin the sandbox silliness as that is a load of fun, but going to recalibrate it so I am having fun rather than chasing the 'scripted' kills.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Snowy wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 am
I still have my little Hitman figurine we picked up at the PW meet (that also doubled as a gaming expo) from Absolution, he is staring down at me from the top of my PC as I write this :)

The game was shite though...
Still got mine too. He had a central spot on my book shelf until I moved, now he languishes in a cupboard somewhere.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Mumbai was pretty tricky as I tried to get everyone with the Fibre Wire. The lady at the train-yard is pretty simple to get but the other two? There are so many guards watching and even if you think they won't see, they somehow see like 5% of the target's leg and suddenly piece together whats going on.

A bit of spoilers here but these were the places I managed to get away with the takedown.
Spoiler

Oh, and some bugs too.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Might make this my first X-Box purchase since Fifa 17. Is there anywhere that won't charge the earth?

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Finished the Ark Society and then...!
Credits. Dang I really thought there would be another level afterwards, damn cliffhangers.

Good game though.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:56 pm

Have any of you killed Sean Bean yet?
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Aye. Did anyone attend the target briefing with him there? I thought he was gonna blow my cover, and that would be the end of my try at the mission.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 am

I failed :oops:

Well, I killed the bastard (said in SB style), but got caught doing so and didn't survive the exfiltration.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Like the first game the first level (New Zealand) has been released for free on all platforms...

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... ACK0000000

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/hitma ... verviewtab