Life is Strange 2 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
gpa-gone-west

Re: Life is Strange 2 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by gpa-gone-west » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am

I am so looking forward to this, but I haven't got around to getting it yet. I haven't got a new PC yet, my old one died. :cry:

The last one was pretty good. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Mantis wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am
I'd recommend Before The Storm too. It's made by a different studio but they really nail the vibe of the game and the development of Chloe's backstory is excellent.
Ended up getting Before The Storm, £7 from CDKeys seemed like a pretty good deal:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/life-is ... gamersarms

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Mantis wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am
I'd recommend Before The Storm too. It's made by a different studio but they really nail the vibe of the game and the development of Chloe's backstory is excellent.
Ended up getting Before The Storm, £7 from CDKeys seemed like a pretty good deal:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/life-is ... gamersarms
Got into this a bit more after coming back to it after a break. I found it off-putting initially to be playing as Chloe, particularly in the full-on nihilistic, ultra-aggressive mode she is at the beginning. Once you're past that bit though she ends up being more of a dork with problems dealing with people, which I find it easier to relate to maybe :lol:

Is it sad that almost my favourite part of the series so far is just chilling playing D&D with a couple of nerds? :lol: Some laugh-out loud moments in that bit.

Into this now, enjoying it. The fact that even the quiet contemplative moments get to me makes me suspect I'm going to be properly put through the emotional wringer again at some point...

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I'm trying to remember how far in it is, but Episode 1 is a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times. Unfortunately I felt that overall the way the final act played out was something of an anti climax. Still good though.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 pm

I watched Summit stream this and thought it was excellent. Obviously it defeated the point of playing it, but I was gripped.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Tommy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 pm
I watched Summit stream this and thought it was excellent. Obviously it defeated the point of playing it, but I was gripped.
Stream of the second game?

Having recently played through both LiS 1 and LiS Before the Storm, highly recommend both if you've not played them before.

As for 2, have no doubts I shall pick it up at some point, although it will be when all the episodes have been released (and probably down in price a bit as they're done and dusted in about 8 hours).

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 pm
Tommy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 pm
Stream of the second game?

Having recently played through both LiS 1 and LiS Before the Storm, highly recommend both if you've not played them before.

As for 2, have no doubts I shall pick it up at some point, although it will be when all the episodes have been released (and probably down in price a bit as they're done and dusted in about 8 hours).
Nah, the first (I think). With the photographer.

It was the first time in a long time that I've actually been interested in the story of a game. Not that I play many anymore, but still.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 pm

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:43 pm

I'll wait until it's on a decent sale, but will definitely pick this up as I loved the other games.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:31 pm

I tried the first one I just couldn't get into it. I dont know what it was. I did come into off the back of Tales from the Borderlands so maybe I was just a little burnt out on those kind of games.

I'll give it another try soon.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 pm

Bump!

Just finished LiS2, having worked through all five episodes over the past week and a bit. Playing time wise it actually took me a little bit longer than LiS, clocking in at 19 hours vs 16 for the first game, if something like that is important for you.

Overall, once again I really liked it. I would say that as an overall journey I still probably liked the first game more, I feel like the supporting cast there was more fleshed out and the story twists hit harder... but I still found myself getting highly invested in the lives of these two brothers. There may be a parental aspect to that as the game is built around being a surrogate father for your younger brother, and indeed which final ending you get is dictated by how you did bringing him up in the other episodes. I looked up what the alternate endings are, and felt pretty satisfied with the one I got and felt that it was a fair representation of the kind of big brother/authoritative figure I tried to be throughout.

If you enjoyed any of the other LiS games I highly recommend playing this as well (I picked it up for relatively little in a recent sale, so no doubt something like that will come around soon enough), and I can't wait for the next one.