Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBone] - out September 17 2020

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBone] - out September 17 2020

Post by eny » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:46 pm

You mean Hidden and Dangerous yeah? I think H&D2 was sublime for its time—squad play, dressing as the enemy, the first game I played with roads that had topography. Brilliant, would love a reboot.

Speaking of games that need a revisitable customization feature, I started Saints Row 4 last week, and coming out of that first editor I gasped at how totally different my character was in-game compared to the creation screen, so definitely needs it accessible throughout.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Yip meant Hidden & Dangerous :oops:

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Whoopsie - yeah, H&D2. That was eons ago, when I was in a Medal of Honor clan that competed on OGL and TWL (we won a 6x6 ladder and were tops in North America for a few minutes, yay). I left one clan and joined another partly because of buying and playing H&D2 online and hanging out with the new chaps. GroundXero, that was the clan I spent so much time with in H&D2 :)
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:10 pm

I hear there's a major update on the way. I restarted this last week, with a new character. I'd actually avoided the game since February or so. I felt the abundance of choices, and the chances of missing out on something cool, was overwhelming me :( and I didn't feel like following some community-made spreadsheet or flowchart just to get all the good stuff. But the grandeur of the world has called me back. I got the console mod, and gave myself some really good cybergear right away, because I want to feel like somewhat of a badass, without being completely overpowering.

But, here I go yet again. My contract is cancelled, after just two weeks. I spent three weeks in this hotel just waiting for it to start! So back to Florida I go, another four or five days on the road, and the plan that I have going forward means having my old Surface Pro instead of my old desktop, for now. No more gaming for me, for a while.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:27 am

Solitaire wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:10 pm
I hear there's a major update on the way. I restarted this last week, with a new character. I'd actually avoided the game since February or so. I felt the abundance of choices, and the chances of missing out on something cool, was overwhelming me :( and I didn't feel like following some community-made spreadsheet or flowchart just to get all the good stuff. But the grandeur of the world has called me back. I got the console mod, and gave myself some really good cybergear right away, because I want to feel like somewhat of a badass, without being completely overpowering.

But, here I go yet again. My contract is cancelled, after just two weeks. I spent three weeks in this hotel just waiting for it to start! So back to Florida I go, another four or five days on the road, and the plan that I have going forward means having my old Surface Pro instead of my old desktop, for now. No more gaming for me, for a while.
Holy crap Todd how do you deal with that, another migration across the US! Are you picking up paycheques? Hopefully you can get a bit settled again soon - just say the word and the Ghosts are ready to roll.

I did dip back into Cyberpunk, played around a bit and found a talking gun called Skippy. Seems bloody ace too, head-seeking guided bullets make it pretty lethal! I can't remember much about the story though so may also start a new toon from scratch, modded in a similar way.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 pm

Yeah I took a leisurely jaunt across the country this time :) I stopped for a night in Tucson, then for three glorious nights in the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio. All paid for by points I've accrued as a Hyatt "Globalist" - their top tier of points membership. Now I'm in Florida, packing for a drive up to Alexandria, VA, to stay with a friend for a couple weeks and complete a certification course for Utilization Review nurse. I want to work from home from now on. This travel nursing crap is draining the life outta me :P

Back to Cyberpunk! I wanted to mention that using a weather mod has made all the difference to me. Now it's much more Bladerunner, much less 'sunny days in dystopia.' It's dark and raining almost constantly. This really pulls me into the world in a way that the original weather never did. This is the one: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/862

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:49 am

Uhhhh, they're making an announcement at 3pm today. Hopefully the next gen update or dlc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... al-stream/

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:51 am

I hope they just say “it’s fixed” and end the stream.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:00 pm

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyber ... k-33577359

Next gen update and graphical scaling. Don't see any mention of when though.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Apparently it's live now.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:39 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:35 pm
I don't see what the problem would be with adding something like looking in a mirror giving you the option to go back into the character creator. That seems like an absurdly simple thing to add.
Additionally, the 1.5 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 will let players change their appearance mid-game. Players can visit the mirror in their apartment to change up their look. There are the same character-creator options from the start, along with new options for makeup.
:-k

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:53 am

Played a good chunk of this today and really enjoying it. The city feels more lively and pedestrians don't just disappear into thin air anymore. There's a ray tracing option which I've toggled on and off and truth be told I don't see a massive difference, might be more obvious when it's raining. It runs very smoothly with no problems or glitches so far. This is how it should have launched and I wonder if the games reputation will recover.

Spent several more hours on this and I'm hooked. Mostly concentrating on the Silverhand and Takemura missions and taking out small groups of random gang members. Some tense stealth missions very similar to Deus Ex, in fact if Adam Jensen suddenly popped up it wouldn't feel out of place. The driving is still a bit off for me, taking corners at anything other than walking speed results in a collision. But otherwise I've little to complain about. Yeah this is great :P

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:38 pm

It was all going so well when a bunch of issues started popping up. Scorpion's motorbike launches itself into orbit (with you on it) when you hit a certain area and the game completely crashed on the carnival parade mission. Fuck :?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:40 am

I also started a new playthrough following the 1.5 patch, and I'm having a blast. I just love spending time in the city and pootling around, doing side gigs and intervening in street crimes. I've barely played the main mission at all (Jackie is still alive and kicking), and I'm level 15, fully tricked out with cybermods, with legendary gear. I'll probably advance the story next, though, as I've more or less run out of things to do now in the starting area.

Only bugs I've seen were at the start of the post-intro cinematic where V and Jackie walk away from the camera in T-poses :lol: and the time I bumped into a car at a set of traffic lights and immediately dropped through the bottom of the world, which was fun.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:02 pm

I've got my desktop for a couple days, so I immediately downloaded the update and started playing my latest save. I did get past The Heist, so I could get into Act II and start buying apartments :P

[edit] To save myself from doom-scrolling the Ukrainian crisis for all hours, I've been immersing myself into CP2077 the last two days. I've earned enough to buy all of the apartments, after opening Act II, and am actively pursuing the main mission which will lead to opening all of Judy's side missions. Kinda looking forward to that, which feels a bit weird if I think about it too much, but whatever.

Enjoying myself wandering around again, even though the Rain mod that I had used doesn't work anymore. It seems like the weather is cycling a bit more, so it's not just sunny nine out of ten days. Then I catch the newscaster, during an elevator ride, talking about the nuclear strike in 2023... That threw me right out of the game and back into reality.