Bar Staff

Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBone] - out September 17 2020

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:16 pm

New screenshots shown off at Gamescom.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:19 pm

It should've been the very first thread on the new forum. How its taken so long I do not know.

2077 cant come soon enough. Or whenever it is that they're releasing it. :)

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Was hoping to see some solid gameplay and dare I mention it...a release date of some form.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Does anyone else let out a silent squeeee whenever they see this one mentioned? Just me?

Can't wait. But I'll bloody well have to, won't I? :x

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm

I'd say I'm quietly optimistic. I've played enough of The Witcher 3 to know that the developer is good, but I'm finding I just don't have the patience for these sprawling RPGs unless the minute to minute stuff is really engaging. I bounced hard off of Kingdom Come Deliverance, got just a few hours into Witcher 3, yet I've completed most of Zelda BotW (I know it's an adventure rather than an RPG, but it's similarly sprawling) twice, and keep coming back to it even with months in between sessions. I don't know whether it's the settings or the gameplay that I don't gel with, but sci-fi FPS/RPG really sounds like my thing, so I'm eager to find out more about 2077.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Likewise, I don't really have the time or patience to sink 60+ hours into a game anymore unless it really is intensely compelling. I tend to find that most RPGs don't have enough quality side content to really keep me entertained, so I either plough on just to finish the main quest or just give up entirely.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

You can’t like them anymore. Didn’t you hear they said something that is apparently at some massive stretch transphobic on twitter and now a bunch of wanks are shouting at them.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lee

Post by Lee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Bah no video still! Loving the screenshots though :)

Oh the did you assume my gender tweet? People get mad over anything now. Social media is just full of them.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Another controversy? I wasn't aware of this one and I'm not sure I want to Google it.

Lee

Post by Lee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:58 pm

It's basically what I posted. CDred was joking on twitter to some of their fans replies in the run up to Gamescon I believe.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 pm

The success of these things hinges on the story quality and presentation of such. In this I have no doubt CDProjekt will put spades of effort. They know their audience and I think they'll move up yet another gear in this franchise. They have something like 300 working on this game if I remember right.

Really looking forward to it. Probably this and the new imagining of Beyond Good and Evil are right up there top of the radar for me. I might even have finished Divinity OS2 by then :)
19-10-2003

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:16 am

Cyberpunk 2077 quests similar to The Witcher 3 'in terms of playtime and complexity'
Our Cyberpunk 2077: Everything we know about CD Projekt's next RPG roundup suggests The Witcher 3 dev's latest will be huge. The latter game's sophisticated and intricate quests were some of its most redeeming features, and it seems CDPR's next outing will follow suit.

Speaking to Samuel at Gamescom, quest designer Patrick Mills says logic was crucial while crafting The Witcher 3's DLC quests. He says he and his team would often ask themselves if certain in-game actions made sense—both in relation to quests and the game's overarching plot.

"You've got a quest giver, you've got a person over here—but you could just go straight to that second person and take the quest from them and do it that way?" says Mills. "[The process] has gotten even more complicated in Cyberpunk—there are more multiple ways to resolve individual quests. Before, there were usually a few ways, a couple of decision points. Now there are whole different ways to play the quest.

"I'll say it's a lot of work—they're very, very complicated—but we try to think: if the player says, 'an I do this?' Then, yeah, actually you can, and then you deal with the consequences. That's part of choice versus consequence—don't just have that in the dialogues, but have it in the gameplay as well."
"What I would say is I'd expect something to similar to The Witcher 3," he says. "Particularly in terms of playtime and in terms of quest complexity. Specifically, I'd even look more at the expansions than The Witcher 3 base game because that's really where the quest design philosophy that we're using now came from—it was developed later in the expansions."

Mills underscores the importance of logic in relation to said design philosophy, before offering a Witcher-related example. For the sake of reference, the following is tied to this (slight spoilers, obviously).

"There was a quest, without getting into too many details, where you had to find a guy's paint, the paint had been stolen," says Mills. "When we were developing it, I remember going into the cave where the paint is supposed to be and the paint wasn't there.

"I signalled this as a bug and said the paint needs to be there—I need to be able to find the paint before the quest begins. And then you have to rewrite the whole quest around the fact that you can in fact find the paint before the quest begins."
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077- ... omplexity/
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

These guys have swiftly become the RPG powerhouses that Bioware used to be and sadly are not any longer.

It'll be interesting going in without feeling the same connection to the main character that I had with Geralt having already played 2 games and read a number of the books, but I have confidence that they're going to bring out an excellent game.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 am

Really looking forward to this, but trying not to get too into looking at all the preview screenshots etc. I don't want to overhype myself. :(

Jez

Post by Jez » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm

JackFrags gushed incredibly about this. It's may be a little spoilery but the first minute and last 3 mins or so are about his feelings on what he saw.

It's everything and much more of what we expect from this amazing studio showing the old guard in AAA how to do it. Story writing voice acting all excellent along with multiple ways to solve all situations.

The guy couldn't be more full of praise.
19-10-2003