Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Rusty

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Post by Rusty » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:54 pm

So this was cheap on cdkeys so thought I'd give it a go. I'm round my girldfriend's this weekend so won't be able to try until Monday night after work for a few hours. (Cheap as in £7.50)

So any tips for a first play through? I'm doubtful I'll ever want to play through this more than once so want to almost meta-game it first time round.

Mouse and keyboard for me.
Ultrawide graphics hopefully work.

This is until Battlefield 5 unlocks :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Jez

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Post by Jez » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:53 pm

No tips specifically other than to say if you enjoyed the first you'll find more of the same here.

Protagonists are still very gruff and miserable interspersed with some all too brief levity provided by some bit part characters.

Combat is still meaty, progression tree is chock full of stuff to "progress" towards with many of the them being a bit pointless.

It's got a few icons or thousand on the minimap.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 pm

I'll just wade in and see what happens.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 pm

I haven't played it but from what I know from people who have you will want to try and stick to the main quests as the side stuff is not much cop.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:59 am

Right. I'm sort of stuck now.

I've just got to the part where I've gained the ability to sway people to my side. Have taken over my first fortress and populated it nearly with all my orcs.

What do I do now? Am I supposed to fill the fortress totally with my orcs? Am I supposed to switch areas and start again gaining followers?

I tried another area where the fortress had no warchiefs. So I attacked the citadel straight away but after waltzing through the minions and capturing all the points I came across the overlord. He was level 43 (I'm only 23) and he pummelled me.

Shrug, I think the game has suddenly lost it's way when it expanded to all these other regions without a clear goal for me.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:30 am

OK I think I had the same experience.

If memory serves, you might have gone to a map zone that you needn't visit yet - I did. Have a look on here and see which quest you are up to (too long ago for my aged mind) and get yourself back on track - the game will open straight back up for you.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/shadow-of-war/Walkthrough
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=