Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Raid

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Post by Raid » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 am

New trailer and gameplay shown off at Mechcon last night, and a new release date of September 2019:

The guy playing is PGI's lead designer Russ Bullock, whose six years of operating the Mechwarrior franchise has apparently not taught him that battlemechs rotate their torsos to line up shots.

The game doesn't look terrible, but I wish the franchise was in the hands of a more capable developer. Besides the truly gorgeous mech designs (the adaptations from hilariously poor 80s lineart has always been the highlight of Mechwarrior Online), it all looks a bit cheap. MWO has been a decent shooter, but it's just never had the investment that it needed. There's a new $20+ mech pack (containing three variants of the same chassis) every month, but they've managed maybe one new map per year.

Hatredsheart

Re: Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:53 pm

Out December, but another Epic store timed exclusive...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/mechwarr ... mes-store/
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

Don't fear The Reaper.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm

This exclusive caper is a right pain in the arse.

The free games they are doing is a far more effective method of getting my attention and therefor custom than any of this exclusive bollocks, nothing softens my game boner quicker.

Raid

Post by Raid » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 am

Yeah, I now won't be buying it on release unless something happens to restore faith in EGS.

This is getting to be immensely frustrating. Cyberpunk is now pretty much the only PC game I can be excited about because I know it's not going to be an EGS exclusive thanks to CDPR having their own storefront.