Conan Unconquered

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Alan

Conan Unconquered

Post by Alan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 am

Ive said this before but Petroglyph are among a few developers that I will always follow. Theyve been responsible for some of my favorite games ever but man following them can be such a bummer! I love UaW, I love Grey Goo, I love EaW, I even really liked Graxia the card game and the Panzer General as two really great smaller games. It feels like the last few years of being a fan of theirs has them announcing something and me immediately thinking "oh dont do that you eejits!" such as their two attempts at a moba that were DOA and that weird Battle Battalions thing that peaked at 250 concurrent players even though it was free! 8 Bit Armies was fine but it never seemed like something more than a passing distraction (that they are trying to sell the base 1 faction version for £30 on PSN!).

So theyve tried to jump on several bandwagons and now theyre making a Conan RTS game. That could be pretty bloody cool. Oh wait, they literally say in the description theyre just copying They Are Billions and its just a survive as long as possible thing.

Say it with me:
"oh dont do that you eejits!"

I'll buy it because its Petroglyph but I'm not hopeful. I mean it looks ok I guess but hmmm...... I guess their bloody masterful traditional RTS werent selling and theyre trying all these things to keep them floating but it feels like they went from doing their own thing better than everyone else (imo) to being trend chasers. I hope their deal with EA goes the course so we can at least get another proper Petroglyph RTS at some point.

What Id do for Universe At War 2......
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lee

Re: Conan Unconquered

Post by Lee » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Mistook this for Conan survival game at first.

Not so sure on a They are Billions clone gameplay though as I too love Grey Goo and want that style of RTS from them again. We really need more than one or two proper RTS games every 10 years :(
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.