Borderlands 3 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Borderlands 3 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Since I've got nothing better to do I thought I better throw this thread up before the inevitable announcement at PAX at the end of the month.

I was going to do the other day but I couldn't be arsed. What's changed? Not a lot.

Woooo Borderlands 3. I hope its filled to the brim with that sweet Randy Pitchford magic. Oh wait...no...not THAT magic.

Raid
Local

Re: Borderlands 3 [PC, PS4, XBone]

Post by Raid » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Given that Live Service games are in Vogue at the moment, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Borderlands 3 is one. The Borderlands series only really lacks the MMO-style environment, the other genre tropes such as large open maps, hub areas, non-linear missions, random loot, leveling systems and so on are already present. This third game has been rumoured at every E3 for the last few years and given the series' popularity, it's absence has been notable suggesting a protracted development time.

I'm not averse to the idea so long as they don't take the piss, but given stuff that's come out of Take Two in recent years (they basically said that every game they publish from now on will have microtransactions) I'd remain dubious if this does in fact turn out to be accurate.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 pm

I won't support any game that means Randy Pitchford will be given a bonus if it does well. He's an absolutely odious creep.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 pm

People are suggesting from a 4 month old tweet that it's going to be another Epic Exclusive to be announced at PAX. With the recent buyouts it probably could be.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.