S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Animalmother
Local

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Post by Animalmother » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:39 am

I've actually been wondering about games like War Thunder and Escape from Tarkov which are Russian made being shut off due to sanctions. The new Space Marine game is being made in Russia as well. At the end of the day I hope the people are safe but when your war inspired games are getting affected by a real war is just bizarre.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:38 pm

so you cannot access the games at all?
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:13 pm

I don't play either so I'm not bothered :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:05 am

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/stalk ... 0-6501214/
Understandably it might be a while before we see this

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:12 pm

Snowy wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:08 am
Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 am
I tried Anomaly after watching a guy on youtube playing it and making it look great. Walked out of the camp and was killed immediately by a mutant pig. Second go I got a little bit further and a pig got me again. I tried multiple times but always ended up dead within a very short span, never once saw a human enemy. Uninstalled :( It's obviously great but I'm just not cut out for it.
I also downloaded it and had a similar experience, was it always that hard or is it just that the mod-makers have gone to town I wonder? I used Cheat Engine to frig myself enough money for a basic set of armour, an AK, some ammo and medical kit - that has helped to take that brutal initial edge off the game.
I finally tried it out, the last couple of days. I uninstalled last night, and there's really two big reasons for me. First is that they've made repairing, crafting, modifying, all of that, unbelievably complicated. It's RPG gone haywire. After two hours of playing, I've got a backpack full of dozens of bits & bobs, and not a single clue how to use any of it. I go find a technician, or whoever, and he wants to charge astronomical prices to do anything, so I give him 1k rubles to mess about with 'is vise bench - only to then find out I can't make, repair, etc anything at all. Just tossed away some rubles for nothing. It's the equivalent of going to trade school irl, and I simply don't have time for that. But nobody wants to buy this beat-up crap that I've been carrying around, either... Second of all is the random anomalies literally every twenty meters. I get it, it's "The Zone," whatever, but for me, having 100 square kilometers to traverse, no vehicles, don't want to fast travel everywhere and ruin the immersion, but I can't actually sprint more than ten feet at a time or I get blasted up my trousers by a column of fire, these things are not compatible with a fun time.

I'm going to reinstall the original, pump it up with the visual mods and such, and just relive the experience of STALKER in my own good time, playing it the way I used to and swimming in the nostalgia of it all. This mod has promise, but it needs even more fiddly menus and buttons before I'll try it again. Hitting F5 and F9 every three minutes is not my idea of an immersive experience.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon May 23, 2022 9:51 am

Looks like development has resumed.

https://www.eurogamer.net/gsc-game-worl ... evelopment

It's also being renamed to "Shadows of Chornobyl", which is the Ukranian spelling. I love how subtle you can make a "Fuck you."

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:41 am

I already had a ton of respect for GSC as a developer but that has increased exponentially.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 am

I lost it when Oleksandr came on...seeing that beautiful city—his home city—demolished, vandalised, and feeling it as though it was just as easily Reading or Wycombe near me, and then him having to continue to forge a "normal" life as best he can, whilst bearing the weight of what has happened and what the future may bring, brought me to tears. That humans, after all their history, still act so monumentally evil...I despair. :(
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:54 pm

The look on his face and then the footage of the city. Fucking hell..

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:31 pm

I've sometimes found myself thinking that it's mad to try and continue with your work while buildings are literally collapsing nearby.... but I'm realising that I'd likely be doing the same thing. You continue because you don't know what else to do, and you have to extract some sort of normality out of a horrible situation.

I almost feel a little guilty being excited for the game, which is ridiculous because the developers are going through hell but they're still working on it.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:26 am

Raid wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:31 pm
I've sometimes found myself thinking that it's mad to try and continue with your work while buildings are literally collapsing nearby.... but I'm realising that I'd likely be doing the same thing. You continue because you don't know what else to do, and you have to extract some sort of normality out of a horrible situation.

I almost feel a little guilty being excited for the game, which is ridiculous because the developers are going through hell but they're still working on it.
Whatever uber-upgrade boxed set with a cherry on top that they'll come up with, I'm buying it.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

eny

Post by eny » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:02 pm

Ukrainian Games Festival is launching today on Steam! It’s absolutely because of the Ukrainian Independence Day approaching, but we dare to see some coincident congratulations. Owing to the 14-th S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky release anniversary.

So cossacks, stalkers and heroes are standing shoulder to shoulder with characters from other Ukrainian developers’ universes. And they will stand until the 28th of August. This is an excellent opportunity to dwell into authentic Ukrainian culture, history and traditions or visit fictional worlds created by Ukrainians. We are sure that you are going to find some interesting stuff here. Because we have what to be proud of and what can entertain you in these dull times.

Let’s congratulate each other on the holidays (games from the sale are good to go as gifts) and stay strong and vigorous together!

https://bit.ly/3R0mcrD

– Abraham Lincoln

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:44 am

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:51 am

The STALKER discord has it set for New Year's Eve, have IGN got the date wrong?

– Abraham Lincoln