Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:15 am

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:47 am

Good. I hope gamers continue to refuse to accept these things to the point where they're seen as too risky to implement in case of backlash. There is absolutely zero need for microtransactions to be part of a blockchain, and all of the environmental impact that has.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:00 am

Raid wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:47 am
Good. I hope gamers continue to refuse to accept these things to the point where they're seen as too risky to implement in case of backlash. There is absolutely zero need for microtransactions to be part of a blockchain, and all of the environmental impact that has.
This, absolutely on the money.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:22 am

In this instance the whole thing is incredibly dumb, the stuff GSC was offering were basically just limited microtransactions as they were not using the blockchain. They seemed to have either misunderstood what an NFT is or were using the NFT tag for marketing purposes as they knew it would make the news.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:45 pm

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:49 pm

Shame but no one wants to be the next Cyberpunk I suppose. So many studios have shit the bed lately by releasing unfinished games.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:08 pm

Anyone looking for some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere, pop over to ModDB and download the Anomaly 1.5.1 mod—standalone download, all 3 iterations' regions in one map, with it's own storylines and infinitely more definable options, including full-out faction warfare. Get into it, then start a longer playthrough with some of the exceptional mods available for it—use MO2 to effortlessly organise them without changing the base game installation.

It is pure joy wandering through those old haunts again. I have never felt so vulnerable in a game, utterly sublime.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Take your time chaps, get it right rather than rush it out, there is no hurry.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 pm
Take your time chaps, get it right rather than rush it out, there is no hurry.
This. A certain recent game set in 2077 springs to mind...
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:00 pm

eny, I spied you in Discord playing Anomaly just days after I'd downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to start it up yet but it's definitely the next game on my list.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 am

I tried Anomaly after watching a guy on youtube playing it and making it look great. Walked out of the camp and was killed immediately by a mutant pig. Second go I got a little bit further and a pig got me again. I tried multiple times but always ended up dead within a very short span, never once saw a human enemy. Uninstalled :( It's obviously great but I'm just not cut out for it.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:08 am

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 am
I tried Anomaly after watching a guy on youtube playing it and making it look great. Walked out of the camp and was killed immediately by a mutant pig. Second go I got a little bit further and a pig got me again. I tried multiple times but always ended up dead within a very short span, never once saw a human enemy. Uninstalled :( It's obviously great but I'm just not cut out for it.
I also downloaded it and had a similar experience, was it always that hard or is it just that the mod-makers have gone to town I wonder? I used Cheat Engine to frig myself enough money for a basic set of armour, an AK, some ammo and medical kit - that has helped to take that brutal initial edge off the game.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:24 am

Cyberpunk and Battlefield 20-42fps are hopefully setting the much-needed precedent that delaying your game until it is absolute unequivocally ready for release is a returning mindset that reaps deserved reward. Take all the time you need GSC.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is all about the journey, the starting few hours are about becoming aware of how The Zone only wants to kill you. Not sure of your previous experience with the 3 games, but the mod builds on that. You get 1000 points to spend on your starting loadout when you first begin a game, and you need shotgun and meds basically. Start in the Rookie Village and find Fanatic to lead you gently into the world. The whole point is you are a bag of flesh, guns behave as they should do, ballistically, so you need to be aware of your vulnerability, you need to look further and see every movement ahead, know where the nearest cover is, and build up your network of hidey holes and grow into the game.

Moving whilst in a mutant fight is key, that or elevating your cover, or putting an anomaly in between you and the threat...

Once you start the game the full realm of options in the settings menu opens up, and you can control trading ratios, how much loot you find, and how much the a-life spawns and all sorts, to make the experience easier. This game really is worth sticking with, because once you have earned enough to repair and upgrade a couple of guns, the Zone is literally your oyster. Coming out of your first decent bandit firefight, and dodging anomalies like a 7th sense, you will know you are well on your way.

If you are struggling with the task in front of you, then this might help:

https://click.redditmail.com/CL0/https: ... I1WOEQ=232

Also, Anomaly has a great debug editor, just tick the "Debug Mode" box in the very first splash screen before running the game. Then, in-game, press F7 and you have a menu of goodness to give you any element of help you might need. Start a throwaway save to get a feel for Cordon, the Rookie area, and grow from there. It really is a rewarding game to get deep into. Surviving a 50+ Monolith firefight with some Freedom comrades was utter delight, utter utter delight.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:32 pm

with all that is happening with Ukraine - I hope the guys making STALKER stay safe
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4