Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
ManBearSquid

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by ManBearSquid » Fri May 21, 2021 2:52 pm

It really can be quite the buggy mess, eh? I believe that there's an update coming in a few days that has some bug fixes along with additional features.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri May 21, 2021 10:18 pm

ManBearSquid wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:52 pm
It really can be quite the buggy mess, eh? I believe that there's an update coming in a few days that has some bug fixes along with additional features.
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performanc ... tch-notes/
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 21, 2021 10:37 pm

Some interesting stuff in the update like full ghillie suits, cool.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat May 22, 2021 11:41 am

Great to get a full fireteam last night with ManBearSquid joining us. A few gently staged snaps of the team.

RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sat May 22, 2021 5:06 pm

I had a lot of fun last night and it was good chatting with you guys. Playing as a squad was very different to my usual experience in this game and it was fun to go loud at times too.

I'll hopefully be back on tomorrow.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat May 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Should be around this evening and also tomorrow afternoon/evening too.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sun May 23, 2021 5:44 am

Man we've had a couple of great full-squad sessions! Looking forward to more soon :)
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm

New update is out but the servers are also down for maintenance #-o

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm downloading the update now but I doubt that I'll have time to play it until Thursday, if even.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed May 26, 2021 5:17 am

Not a lot of great content in the update, imho. Lots of stuff behind paywall, for example :P I already like the look I've got going on, and all my weaponry, so not sure what I'd change. The faces do look a bit better. Not prettier, in the case of the females, but somehow not quite as ugly, if that makes sense... It's cool to have one AI teammate along when I'm otherwise playing solo, instead of three of them stomping around. Also neat to be able to completely change their appearance, etc. Vasily is now a blonde-haired sniping lady, in my world :)

What's most impressed me is all the sounds of nature that they've finally added - frogs croaking, the javelina-looking pigs oink and grunt, etc. I think I hear some bugs sometimes, too? [edit: Yes, lots of crickets and birds singing, that sort of thing.] Anyway, suddenly seems a bit more alive as I'm creeping around the jungle. I haven't tried at night, or up in the mountains.

Also, blood splatters. Really big ones.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 am

Yeah it's a bit underwhelming alright, not really noticed much in way of improvements. I get what you mean about the female character faces, some of them look like Soviet era factory workers. Was hoping for more weapons, I think there's only a measly 3 new ones.

As for the squad mates, one of them actually saved my life while I was doing a caress reload after clearing an area. A wolf I completely missed stepped out from behind cover and was about to ventilate me when he erupted into a blood geyser from Fixit's auto shotgun, very cinematic moment :P

Will check out some of the glitchy missions and reduce my squad down to just two I think.

eny

Post by eny » Wed May 26, 2021 11:38 am

I've found the update an entertainment and slight improvement, but not much more. Completing the new squad challenges has had me using game elements I hadn't touched yet. The R6 squad is now available if you complete the first mission of Amber Sky, but I am enjoying it enough to continue on with that world to complete it now. Leveling up the squad didn't take too much effort, but I am now on extreme difficulty, so it's been good to explore the settings more fully. The new MTAR is a decent enough weapon too. I agree with you Soli, there is definitely more nature atmosphere now, even Elk have appeared. Fixit still gets ahead of himself and the team though, little fucker!
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Wed May 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Solitaire wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:17 am

What's most impressed me is all the sounds of nature that they've finally added - frogs croaking, the javelina-looking pigs oink and grunt, etc. I think I hear some bugs sometimes, too? [edit: Yes, lots of crickets and birds singing, that sort of thing.] Anyway, suddenly seems a bit more alive as I'm creeping around the jungle. I haven't tried at night, or up in the mountains.

Also, blood splatters. Really big ones.
That's the only sort of thing that i was really looking forward to tbh. I'm not too fussed about new gear as there's quite a lot already, although some of the more customisable options for things is also welcome.

I may try running a single squadmate at some point to see what it's like, but when I play solo I enjoy doing just that.

Also, I turned on the resistance parameter as you suggested and it is much cooler hearing distant fire fights, not to mention occasionally joining in.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed May 26, 2021 10:15 pm

MBS, yeah I have preferred being completely solo if not in co-op, just to not hear all the damned chatter or have one of them blunder into something and get us all murdered. However, I'm finding that having just one extra along is quite a nice compromise. Not too intrusive, especially Vasily* who seems to be coded as a more stealthy teammate versus Fixit, for example (as Eny's post suggests :) ). I especially like assigning the heavy gunners to Vasily, as it's a one-shot kill that is otherwise a fussy two-shot ordeal.

Would rename to, say, Vika or something, as I changed the appearance to female, but then nobody would know what I'm talking about, ha ha

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Thu May 27, 2021 7:58 pm

I've had little to no time for gaming this week. The update is installed though, and hopefully I'll manage to hop into a squad with you guys at some point next week.