Animalmother
Local

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:22 pm

I'd love to join in guys but unless they add cross play it won't happen :(

eny

Post by eny » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:52 pm

This expansion is sublime tbh. Some of the manic battles that I've found myself in have been the best live-world single-player battles I've ever played in a game—on the highest difficulty settings it is a beast!

The new enemy types are a great challenge and often call for a different weapon approach which has further consequences. The optical camo is a nice touch, getting you revisiting old bases for camo points—the best being 2 big bases NE and SW of the map (that I've found so far) each offering 1600 points, and the old favourite Behemoth sites each holding 1000 points, so lots of challenge even in that.

I did notice my fav Tac50 feeling completely different, slower firing speed for one, but that may be an effect of the new skill point weapon mastery scheme nerfing base values to give the scope for improvement. I was confused about the high skill points still to find and couldn't work out where they were, but each rank level gives you 5 extra SP, so another loose end tied up as I had a bank of them to start with which helped.

This game never gets boring to play, there is one base I've found myself at 4 times in the last week, and it never felt like a drag. The depth of detail, challenge and replayability is a masterpiece tbh, and it is a triumph.

I would love to join you guys at some point as MP has not been my thing for various reasons for some time now, but I do remember fondly our exploits of old and would like to see if my ageing system could cope!
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:50 pm

I've actually yet to use the optical camo in the game other than testing it for the first time, just never think to use it. Making a balls of a mission seems to have gotten more hairy as the support called in is much heavier than before, those big bastard helicopters with miniguns on the doors just pepper the area with lead. If they make a new Ghost recon with all the new elements but in a more interesting location it'll be the best game ever!

eny

Post by eny » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:04 pm

I was battling with a Behemoth yesterday, on the plateau at Blackburn Ridge just east of the dam, all whilst avoiding nearby Fox Delta checkpoint interference, and regular 2 helicopter and Azrael appearances every couple of minutes. Utter pandemonium with only Fury with me, but pure fun—nearly 2 hours to get rid of it finally and get my 1000 camo.

The new assault rifle without a silencer sounds brilliant, like that firefight in Heat. The new enemy types are a great addition—that watery throttled sound of a nearby Seeker, when it dawns on you what it is! I love that the technicians continually call for reinforcements, and that there are 5 guys in any vehicle that responds, just mental if you fuck up, but sublime play. Lock-on/guided missiles and launchable EMP nades, would be very handy.

I have found the payoff of faster reload times makes the small magazines a great choice, especially if you have 'ammo loss on reload' on, loads of little tricks like that make things fun.

I would love a return to Eastern Europe, that would be fantastic.
Last edited by eny on Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:13 pm

One for you AM :lol:

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:12 pm

:lol: I had some of the in game currency so just got the helmet, flak jacket and boots. Trying a mission with Vietnam era guns is a bit of a challenge, the M4 eats through a small magazine in just 2 seconds. Shame I can't take a screenshot on the console.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:22 pm
If it's not a case of your PC not being capable, the game is only £7.50 on the Ubisoft store at the moment.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:54 pm
Animalmother wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:22 pm
If it's not a case of your PC not being capable, the game is only £7.50 on the Ubisoft store at the moment.
I have a "gaming" laptop that shits itself if you try anything after 2010 on it so no go there.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:26 pm

We had a full four-man squad today, really makes for some kick-ass moments. Raid and I, on overwatch, took out a heavy weapons dude with one-two sniper shots to the noggin, maybe twenty or thirty meters from Snowy. We easily overwhelmed some areas, and at other moments, especially against a Wolf base, we were barely making it. Having all this new content is fantastic. It's a nice way to reinvigorate the team, have new goals for our toons, etc. Really wish you could join in, Animal :(
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:55 pm

PS: I'm so frustrated still with the graphics issues I'm having. If I run sans Vulkan, I get screen freezes every time its loading AI or new areas - which ends up being dozens of times a session. Vulkan apparently fixes that, but Vulkan throws up completely crazy graphical glitching, before I even choose a character, making it impossible to play. And if I don't very quickly quit to desktop, it freezes my entire system. Even C+A+D is useless, as the game holds onto focus even if I can see the task manager, etc. I have to use CAD to choose the restart, which then takes the system ten minutes to reboot.

Online advice is basically nothing. Super frustrating. If not for these issues, this would be a game I'd play every time. I can only handle so many screen freezes in the middle of combat, though :((
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:03 pm

The game really shines with three or four players, and it's those moments where you take out an entire group of enemies with split-second co-ordination that make it such a good co-op experience.

The game is pretty well behaved for me, although on a PC with my specs (3700X, 32gb RAM, 3080, m.2 SSD) you'd really expect that. I do still get moments of slowdown though; it's particularly noticeable when flying over the larger base environments, which suggests the game isn't streaming data as quickly as it could be. Are you running the game on an SSD Todd?

eny

Post by eny » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 pm

That was a fantastic session guys, thanks for inviting me in! Looking forward to more. :D

– Abraham Lincoln

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Wow missed a lot of posts :)

We brought Eny back to the fold this evening, with another full squad of four as my buddy Peaver logged in too.

Love the new content, it is so bastard unforgiving but it just makes it so much more enjoyable when you ace it. We had a load of fun and am looking forward to the next session even though I have only just logged off from this one 8-)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 pm

I found out the hard way that some areas are now mined.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:58 pm

It is a nice surprise isnt it! Everyone finds out the hard way I think, and keeps getting reminded! There are some sublime surprises in this new content for sure. The game is tip top.

– Abraham Lincoln