Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:45 am

I'll take it, certainly!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:45 am
I'll take it, certainly!
I know what we'll be doing soon :)
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Pretty hefty install of 48Gb for the new update but it reduces the overall install size of the game. Only played a small bit so far but it's already breathing new life into the game for me, the few hundred hours I've already put into the game is going to increase by another few hundred I'm guessing.

New Russian enemies with bullet proof helmets that take multiple headshots to kill, that was a bit of a "oh shit.." moment when they didn't drop immediately. Some new weapons and attachments to find as well.

From what little I've played it looks like they've put some real effort into this update. You have to give credit to whoever is in charge of this game for supporting and improving it since the terrible initial release.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Breakpoint is a brilliant game, can't argue with that. Looking forward to sinking into this latest effort. All my classes are at 20 now, so need another challenge!
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:34 pm

I've still never actually went to Golum Island, after many hours of play.

I'll start installing this soon, but I'm not even sure when I'll get a chance to take it for a spin. Looking for to some Gamer's Ghosts action. I'm also sad enough to propose that we assign one of our character's visual palettes to a badass GA uniform of some description (I don't mean full-on military sim style, just a cool spec ops kinda thing). Just an idea. We look like a group, we infiltrate like a group, and we fail as a group :lol:

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:20 pm

I have the update downloaded.

I'm not keen on the idea of a uniform. Cowgirl Raid does not submit to such conformity, and will make her point with her bright pink shotgun.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:41 pm

Haha to be fair, I never for a second expected you to part with your pink weapons, nor would I suggest as such. Not sure that I would want to see you without your cowboy hat either, for that matter. I more just meant matching camos/colours for clothing. It's no big deal though.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:44 am

Happy to play a uniform of sorts - I tend to be a patriotic sort and use British army camo but happy to go with whatever we decide. We could use this page to propose ideas along with pics, could be a bit of fun?

I am playing BP with Todd this evening, anyone wanting to join us is very welcome to do so - I should be on by just after 4 UK time. I am looking forward to dipping a toe into the new content and seeing how that plays.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:13 am

The new assault rifle the Russian guys all seem to carry is a beast once it's been fully upgraded.

I cleared the first region surprisingly quickly. I'm hoping that's just to ease you into the new mechanics or else it's going to be a pretty short experience.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:05 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:44 am
Happy to play a uniform of sorts - I tend to be a patriotic sort and use British army camo but happy to go with whatever we decide. We could use this page to propose ideas along with pics, could be a bit of fun?

I am playing BP with Todd this evening, anyone wanting to join us is very welcome to do so - I should be on by just after 4 UK time. I am looking forward to dipping a toe into the new content and seeing how that plays.
Aye, just a bit of fun. I'm happy to slap some British army camo on an outfit, I may go the patriotic route and stick a Scotland flag on it too.

I'm going to see Dune today so I won't be around but have a good one, and be sure to post your thoughts on here. I may have some time next week but this one is pretty swamped.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:27 am

Sorry to no-show, Snowy! I went on a two day mini vacation, was quite impromptu. I'm downloading the new content now so I'll be ready on Friday, my morning time :)
Last edited by Solitaire on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:58 am

No worries, I will be around.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:25 am

New content is pretty fun and intense. Snowy and I have discovered a new favorite weapon each, for example. Also, the dudes that are helmeted but run around faster than the heavy weapon enemies, wow they're tough. Weird hearing that voice actress from Wildlands, back again and being her typical harsh, bitchy self :P haha

Animal, the second region we went to was like a hornet's nest. Would be great to have four of us tackle some of these missions :D

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:25 am

Is it worth me trying to catch up? I don't want to make you guys repeat stuff you've just done, but I also want new toys to play with. :P

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:13 am

Raid wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:25 am
Is it worth me trying to catch up? I don't want to make you guys repeat stuff you've just done, but I also want new toys to play with. :P
I'm not sure how the new content works wrt someone in the squad having done one bit and another player hasn't. But we definitely would want you to join in, regardless! We'll just figure it out ;)

PS: There's a new vehicle that has a minigun on the roof and two mini-mini guns mounted on the back, so three players in total can be blasting. We most definitely need a four-man team in order to commandeer one!