Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by eny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:45 pm

A fun little riddle game has appeared which, when solved, will give you directions to find a seed and plant a tree in the game, and will be mirrored by a Ubisoft donation in real life. I've just spent some time on solving it, and it is a rewarding exercise well worth doing yourself.

Access it through THIS page, there is a notebook PDF you can download, and the riddle sheet PDF also, which you can edit to get the answer, giving you instructions to follow in-game to finally plant the seed. If you get stuck, there are some hints further down the page to help. Have a look, it's a great little initiative and runs until 20th December.

There is also a Snow Woods Ghillie bundle you can buy in the in-game store to further add 5€ to Ubisoft's donation
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 am

Oh I will take a look at that today. Be around later on, got a raft of chores to run first unfortunately.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

eny

Post by eny » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Great session guys, thoroughly enjoyed that! =D>

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Was heaps of fun - I rolled out of bed, made a quick cup of joe with my nespresso, and jumped right in haha. I think our take-down of the mech here could have gone better :P but we did it in the end. Would love if we could try again and coordinate a strategy (besides me standing on a road, getting hammered repeatedly by machine-gun vehicles...) That was totally my fault, not being the least bit tactical in that situation. But man, having multiple overwatches, doing the sneaky business until we have to go loud, and having a full team to steamroll EI, revive one another, etc, it's all brilliant.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

eny

Post by eny » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 pm

– Abraham Lincoln

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Who else is going to try for the NFTs that are being released, first starting on Dec 9th?

https://quartz.ubisoft.com/dashboard
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:09 am

Just you Todd.

You'll have to let us know how that exquisite non-fungibility really affects the quality of... ok, I'm so far out of the loop on this topic that I can't even make a sarcastic remark. What the hell are they? I know what NFTs relate to outside of gaming, a unique blockchain-enabled proof of ownership of a... thing, but I don't see how that relates to what I'm assuming is just another type of microtransaction.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:47 am

I only know what I have read about NFTs (and as a project manager I am afraid that will always mean non-functional testing first and foremost). I have read that some of them have changed hands for millions, but I must say I am totally baffled as to why and what the attraction is.

What I am happy to do is aid Todd on the NFT quest on the off-chance we can help him win Tom Clancy's own non-fungible testicle and then sell it for billions. I should be around this afternoon from around 4pm if that works - can join Todd's game and start fungibing (that's a thing, right?).
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:03 am

So I went and did a bit of digging;

That's the announcement video. If you have an extension that reveals the now normally hidden dislikes count, you'd see that it has 357 likes to 7700 dislikes.

It also suggests that these items are actually unique, which makes more sense given the NFT aspect of it, but then goes on to say that each item has a serial number. So they're releasing multiples of identical unique items with a slightly modified texture, and then presumably selling these at a premium. Because other players are really going to respect that you got tactical hat number 0763. That's the hattiest, most tactical number. Major street cred right there. And when you tire of being King Tactical Hat, you can sell your unique identical hat, and the legend will continue in the hands of another.

As our friends north of the border would say; get tae fuck.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 am

Raid wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:03 am
As our friends north of the border would say; get tae fuck.
That is exactly my thoughts on it!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:03 am

Is this shit going to be the new microtransactions/loot boxes?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:11 am

Well the first time I heard of them was from EA, and the second was Ubisoft, so yes. Loot boxes have been declared poisonous by the gaming community, so now they need to move on. Just imagine the level of marketing these things are going to get if they're even remotely rare (and I don't mean how rare the marketing says they are) to make sure they have the market penetration to match the loot box income. We're going to be stealthing through a Wolf camp, and we'll hear a grizzled voice remarking; "Hey, did you hear we found a small crate of tactical hats? Those dumb Ghosts will never get their hands on them," and then we'll kill the guy, and get a mission marker icon on the main menu pointing towards the store.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:07 am

Can see it now, any item with the serial numbers 420, 69 or 666 will probably sell for ridiculous money just because. If there's a bullshit angle to make some money, games companies will find it and abuse it.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Jesus what a steaming load of shite.

"No, this isn't lootbox gambling, this is prospecting for valuable art items"

Ubi really are a cunch of bunts.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018