Local

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Raid » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:54 pm

Mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:33 pm
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022 ... ont-get-it

"No, it is the players who are wrong."

#-o
I love the fact that they're blaming customers for their product not selling. If a company can't sell a product, it's because they haven't advertised it well enough, haven't explained it well enough, or it's just a bad product that customers don't want. I don't think it's lack of advertising in this case, and while I very much think it's more to do with NFTs being a bad product, it's really insulting to be told that its the players' fault for not understanding the benefits of reselling.

This has been a catastrophic PR failure for Ubisoft.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:55 pm

It absolutely is.

As a project manager I am used to working in such a tightly controlled financial environment, I just don't see how these car crash projects get green-lit. COD is COD and will always make money but why would anyone think that yet another faceless team-based adversarial FPS will have any impact on the market and will not just sink without trace? Why would you expend what is doubtless an enormous amount of money to create such a wet fart, when your own playerbase has said they have no interest in it?

I actually replied to the beta invite email saying much the same as above, and imploring them to focus on more GR titles like Wildlands/Breakpoint, a market in which they have virtually no competition but are not leveraging by developing fresh titles, it absolutely beggars belief. Import the AI from Breakpoint, create a new map based on a real world location, avoid any silly future technology, pack it full of guns, attachments etc to collect, bases, missions and side missions and make the vehicle handling better and bingo, millions of £££. Why the fuck aren't they doing that?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Set a game like that in 1960's Vietnam/Cambodia where most of the tech is in it's absolute infancy but still doable and they'd have a banger of a game. The underused option to use different historical eras in these games is real shame, it's working pretty well Assassin's Creed.

The NFT's in games kind of reminds me of when every fucking film had to be 3D a few years ago even when utterly no one wanted it. Do they even do 3D anymore?

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 am

YouTube vid showcasing First Person in Wildlands

This is gonna get me back into Wildlands for a bit, I think. Link to the mod in the video description. I'm not back on my desktop until next week, so if anyone beats me to it, please give a review - and yes, the 360 head-spin in the vehicle is ridiculous and silly, but the rest of it looks pretty darned, cool from the few minutes I watched.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:38 am

Finally finished the Operation Motherland dlc yesterday. Was very enjoyable and very impressive for a free upgrade. On the final mission I broke from my regular load out and used an LMG to just Rambo my way in, very satisfying. I just wish they would do more like this and stop wasting time and effort with NFT bullshit.

Tempted to reinstall Wildlands again and give it another go.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:57 am

I'm still hopeful we will get a whole new Island yet...Moa, under that cloud to the east...
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Solitaire wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:30 am
if anyone beats me to it, please give a review
It seemed to work really well. Driving was awful but I could put up with it. I had a crash after an hour or so of playing and haven't been back (mainly because I got a new PC and haven't reinstalled it yet)
-- To be completed at some point --

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:05 pm

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/gh ... es-3199213
No more updates :(

Ubisoft seems to be now concentrating on battle royale games even though the last one failed. Next Ghost Recon games are BR and a team shooter, fucking shite.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:57 am

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue May 10, 2022 9:42 pm

Finally uninstalled this today, think I've done pretty much all that's worth doing in it and there's no more to come. A bad game that was fixed and made pretty great, I shall remember it fondly.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed May 11, 2022 6:28 am

Ah that's a shame mate, you uninstalled on a day that Todd and I fired it back up. I never tire of co-op in the GR games, the game itself just generates things for you to respond to while chatting and having a laugh.

That said, I was suggesting to Todd last night looking at some other co-op titles - Dying Light for example. It is a game I have played to death but again is always enjoyable, and available for peanuts these days.

I may start a dedicated co-op thread, see where it leads.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Well that respite didn't last long. I've downloaded Wildlands again as I just can't get by without my little shooty game! Fuck I don't remember it being this hard, Breakpoint has made me soft it would appear. The enemies are much more alert, shit goes turbo so much quicker and deadlier if you mess up. Plus there's civilians you have to be aware of and the roads are clogged with traffic. This will be painful fun :P

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri May 13, 2022 3:10 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm
Well that respite didn't last long. I've downloaded Wildlands again as I just can't get by without my little shooty game! Fuck I don't remember it being this hard, Breakpoint has made me soft it would appear. The enemies are much more alert, shit goes turbo so much quicker and deadlier if you mess up. Plus there's civilians you have to be aware of and the roads are clogged with traffic. This will be painful fun :P
Yeah Breakpoint gives you the opportunity to pull it back from the brink. Shoot the guy who has seen you/a body/an exploding head in time and his mates won't cotton on, plus you can slither away and the enemy will gather at your last known location. Wildlands? Anything that triggers an alarm sets the world on you, plus you have armoured UNIDAD nutters that just keep reinforcing and getting angrier as they do so.

Still a great game though.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat May 14, 2022 8:11 pm

It's too hard. I'm going to have to lower the difficulty :oops:

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat May 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:11 pm
It's too hard. I'm going to have to lower the difficulty :oops:
No shame there, my friend :) Wildlands is a curious thing. The game never cared what my mood happened to be. Sometimes I wanted to just be sneaky-sneaky, lurking around at night, picking dudes off, stealing stuff - but sure enough, those UNIDAD fuckers would do a drive-by at some point and blow my cover, starting the fireworks up. Either I had to run my arse off in the opposite direction, hoping to lose them, or put up a one-man fight and get myself slaughtered.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?