Page 2 of 3

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 am
by Achtung Englander
omg :?

In the app search for Hellblade. You can see all games by selecting Show All in all games category. The app is in beta mode - so I am pretty forgiving

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:09 am
by DjchunKfunK
I can't use search or select any of the categories in the Xbox App, just get an error but it is a beta like you say.

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:27 pm
by Achtung Englander
uninstall and re-install, I would recommend that. I did it 3 times before I managed to get working well.

I fixed the downloading of Hellblade. In the settings if you select D drive (or your game drive) as default the game will still download and install in C. There was an error in my C that prevented the game to download - probably a conflict in the cache somewhere.

To fix it you need to first change in your Windows settings where you want apps to install. :oops:

Settings / Storage / Change where new content is saved

Change the drive for "New apps will save to"

In the Xbox Beta app change the settings to the same drive

So its typical Microsoft, 70% there, we leave the remaining 30% of our O/S for you to figure out :roll:

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 pm
by Alan
It would seem I’ve not updated windows in a while because this has took about 4 hours!

Are all gamepass PC games achievement enabled? Wondering if that’s a requirement.

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 pm
by Achtung Englander
no idea mate

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 pm
by Sly Boots
Phoenix Point will be available as well when it's released in September.

Reckon I'll get this at some point. FU Epic.

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 am
by Alan
So about 50% of things I try to download in gamepass just gives an error. Microsoft, software experts!

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:38 am
by DjchunKfunK
You going through the store or the new Xbox app?

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:49 pm
by Alan
Both, XBox app gives an error code and windows store just says "something happened on our end".

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm
by Drarok
Alan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 am
Microsoft, shitty, bug-laden software experts!
FTFY.

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 pm
by Alan
So I enroled in the "preview program" to get fast access to buggy untested windows patches and the latest one fixes the download problems so.... yay?

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
by Achtung Englander
If you want to create shortcuts for Win 10 apps


Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:23 am
by Achtung Englander
so this is a bit janky

last night I started installing Wolfenstien II and switched off my PC around the 40% mark. This morning instead of recognising where the installation left off and continuing - you know like literally all other game clients - nope this failed to finish it off and I when I press install for the game - it does nothing

Doing a little hunting of my own I got access to the app folder (where the games are installed) and found the Bethesda folder but I cannot delete it. I will try again later today but this kind of sucks.

This whole Microsoft app thing is a bit of a mess from its initiation as Metro with Win 8, the woeful library that is the app store to the fact that no one is making Win 10 apps anymore because...why bother.

Pitiful.

So the lesson here guys is that when you start installing a game - don't stop it any way and pray you do not get a powercut !

EDIT - OK i figured it out. Bring up the Microsoft Store app and in there is a arrow at the top right that shows updates. In there you can re-trigger the installation. Its a manual thing that is not started automatically. :roll:

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:56 am
by Alan
Alan wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 pm
So I enroled in the "preview program" to get fast access to buggy untested windows patches and the latest one fixes the download problems so.... yay?
Spoke too soon, not working again! Also the ones I already downloaded wont load.

It would seem its any game that requires administrator approval to install and loads of people are having the same issue. :cry:

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:06 am
by Medicine Man
Your Microsoft for FFS get your shit together. Embarrassing stuff.