GTA 5

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Rusty

GTA 5

Post by Rusty » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Recently got back into this game (probably after the new Rockstar launcher thing came out) and forgotten how brillinat it actaully is. It really feels like a living breathing world.

Anyway, the reason I created the thread:
Cars and garages.
How do they work?
I've pimped a stolen car to be very pretty but yet everytime I start a mission it's replace by the default one. Is that right? How annoying. I saw there's a mod that allowed to change the defualt but people are saying it's not working now.

Playing this normally, would I have to go to one of my bought garages to find it?

Anyone else have any must have mods for this game? I recently tried one that allowed my steerng wheel and gears to work which was fun :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: GTA 5

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Yeah, I very quickly stopped bothering modding cars I stole because even though you can store them in your garage you still have to go and fetch them before a mission, and I'm not exactly sure what happens if you lose your car in the mission or it gets destroyed. I think it will reappear somewhere, maybe even the impound lot that Franklin works a couple of missions for, but I never really wanted to risk it after sinking thousands into a vehicle. I normally have one souped up one that I store and only bring out for the races, but otherwise I either just use the default cars or grab something I like the look of on the way to a mission.

I love the game, though, I've played through the entire story three times.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:27 am

I am doubting myself now, but I thought that if you modded a car in GTA5 then put it in your garage that your mods stayed. That was definitely the case for the garages that you bought,

I always thought it was short sighted that you had no option about the make of your default car - you got what each character was given and could mod it but not change it.

EDIT:
I have played around with some mods, but they tend to make the core game unstable for me. I liked the one where Franklin's original boss's showroom allows you to sell cars that you have stolen (quick way of boosting your finances), and the one where you play a copper had possibilities. Other than that, I mostly just changed car models to real world equivalents.
Last edited by Snowy on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 am

Snowy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:27 am
I am doubting myself now, but I thought that if you modded a car in GTA5 then put it in your garage that your mods stayed. That was definitely the case for the garages that you bought,

I always thought it was short sighted that you had no option about the make of your default car - you got what each character was given and could mod it but not change it.
The mods stay. As far as I know the stolen/modded cars don't get automatically returned to your garage if you leave them somewhere else (it's very rare that I finish a mission in the same vehicle I started in... heck I often don't make it to the mission in the same vehicle I began the journey in :lol:) or they get destroyed, hence why I end up not using them rather than risk losing them.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 am

If you have a car that is not your character's default, they end up at the police pound and you can get them back for a small fine. Not sure how far back that goes though i.e. how many cars the game remembers.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am

I reinstalled a few mods.
One that makes the lighting more realistic and a few other tweaks.
One to activate my steering wheel and gears again (what larks just cruising around)
One for some cheats because why not?
One to unlock locked interiors (only stuff that's been designed but is usually only open on misisons)

Think thats it.
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:44 am

Snowy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 am
If you have a car that is not your character's default, they end up at the police pound and you can get them back for a small fine. Not sure how far back that goes though i.e. how many cars the game remembers.

It's better than nothing, I guess, but seeing as it's enough of a ball-ache to have to go all the way across the city to your garage to get a vehicle you actually want, versus the one that's there with you already that I already don't bother most of the time, I think it's even more of a hassle to have to go and recover it from the pound each time.

Is it so hard to a) have capability of storing vehicles of your choice at your home base (more than one anyway) and b) have it so that when you add a vehicle it's permanently stored there so you can always recall it when you want?