Escape from Tarkov

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Lee

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Aye the Marked room in the 3rd story Dorm, needs the Marked Key which you can find or buy from the Flea market but it has 25 uses before breaking. Crap thing is you need to spawn near to it and at the roughly the start of the timer for the biggest chance to get there and have the door still locked.

If you don't get the keytool there, there will be either expensive cases, maybe a gun or two and some money on the floor though :)

Hunting through the various cabinets in Dorms can net you some good stuff as well. Like Keys which you can sell if you don't need.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 am

Fun times again on Friday. Missed Saturday as was playing too much with my son. We've had some ups and downs as he's got used to the mechanics (and tiny stash with the standard edition). Taught him he ways of being a rat and he's back to looking a bit healthier ;)

Reserve is now my rat run of choice. Out of 20 or so runs I've only died twice. Once wa sonly because I overcame my rat fear and went into the light too far :) Stay in the shadows...
-- To be completed at some point --

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Nice, always good to teach the ways of the rat :P

The ways of the rat is also always going to give me General Sam video in mind

The shower scene for sure eating cheese :P

I did the kill 7 scavs without any body armour on woods for Jaeger, nail bitting stuff as I got 10 and a lvl 30 PMC. Going from Outskirts to Roadblock with all the stolen loot while anything that made a noise caused me to crouch and scan and prepare some shots.

Went in with a mossin +20 rounds came out with 2 SKS, MK3 rig, tons of barter stuff and two backpacks and armour.

Working on Shoreline to get the tasks done there and will hit Reserve after that. Pitty the servers was up and down like a yo yo at the weekend.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am

Watched the battlestate video blog yesterday. Nikita (is that his name?) said he was making a million rouble one off donation to every player. So fingers crossed we'll have that tonight...

Just did the Jaegar quest myself (doing the prapor one at the same time) on woods without armour. I went in (possibly like you) with pretty minimal everything and actually felt quite calm knowing I owuldn't loose much if I died :)

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:26 am

A friend from work has just got this so I'm sort of like the guiding parent for both my son and this other guy. We've done a few quests on Customs (where I died both times - but they both got out - I gave my life so they may live), we've also all learnt the rat way on Reserve.
I also told him about the million roubles from the devs and he checked last night... you had 24 hours to claim it. He was out of time. Gutted :)

This game has got a tight grip on me now. I even set my alarm (twice) for 5am so that I had an hour extra play time before work. I'm knackered!
It's the weekend I stay at my girlfriend's so no gaming at all for 2 days. Valentine's on Friday so I suppose they'll be minimal gaming then too. :)

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Oh you have it bad Rusty.

I am on it every day as well so can't mock you to much on it. We should be getting some sherpa dues from getting people interested in the game :lol:

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:37 pm

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:15 am

Since upgrading to Edge of Darkness edition I haven't received my bigger secure container. I got everything else just fine.
I put in a support ticket and, finally, they got back to me saying I need to reset my account.

In a quandary now. As I'm quite invested in my character and hideout. Is it worth starting again just to gain 3 extra slots on my container?

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:40 am

Could you not maybe cheatengine it :-k
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 pm

You'd end up getting banned if they are using some sort of anti-cheat. Best not to try and trigger that happening to the account with cheat engine as I doubt any dev would unban if you told them why you were using it.

Hard to say as you could get back to your current status again and probably quicker knowing how the game works and tasks etc or just waiting on the next wipe. 3 more spaces is handy though. Tough choice indeed.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:50 pm

This isn't on Steam or GoG is it?

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:31 pm

It's something they may do when it's coming to release but for now it's through Xsolla through their site. Xsolla is a trusted company since FIG and a lot of other games I've bought have used it in the past without any issues.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am

Was thinking of dipping my toe into it, but I'm sure I'll just be target practice after watching some gameplay. Still tempted though.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Haha I am not touching it with a barge-pole, I just know I would have one session then never play it again. A shame, as the weapons mechanics etc look lovely but PvP only? Nah not for me =;
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:41 pm

Everyone feels like that till they get used to the maps and gear stuff. Then it becomes a lot better for your survival rates. Even if you were to lose all your money, you just play as scav and sell stuff and your back into the game for your PMC :)

I reckon the Scav AI has gotten me more than players so far. They can be so damn accurate with shotguns etc at some ranges.

One annoyance we have found that there is 5 of us playing it that you can do 5 man PMC but max as a Scav run is 4 :?