Escape from Tarkov

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Rusty

Escape from Tarkov

Post by Rusty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:50 am

Well, where do you start with this realistic military game?

The aim of the game - level up your character by running raids. These raids are timed events over maps where the aim is to loot as much good stuff as possible and then make it alive to the extraction point (of which there are a few).

If you do make it out you have the option of using the loot for your next raid, upgrading armour and weapons. Or selling the loot for money to buy the upgrades from AI traders or real players for some things the AI never sells.
You can also upgrade your 'base' with certain items and money to help you get back in the game faster, or to help generate passive money.

The raids are rough 30 -50 minutes long. If you don't make it out in the alloted time or die in game, you lose everything you had on you (apart from a ultra secure box that never gets lost - it's quite small though).
The fun part is judging when to be loud and fast and when to be slow and stealthy. The tension is palpable if you're nearing the exit with some awesome loot, knowing any second you could be ambushed.

Whilst in a raid the AI spawns in enemy scavangers that randomly wander around and pretend to scavange but don't be fooled, they're pretty good shots and if you kill one, back up will follow. But the also also hold some (rather crap) loot so sometimes it's worth having some free stuff.

Real payers can also opt to play a raid as one of these scavs. You'll spawn in with some random wepaons and/or armour and can take the option to try out some fancy moves or new guns safe knowing that you're not risking losing your own stuff. If you happen to extract with the scav you get to keep everything you loot and whatever you initailly spawned in with, so basically free money.

I can't play that often due to real life getting in the way but I spend nearly all my time away from the game doing research on the mpas, location of items, bosses and caches ready for when I jump into another game.
-- To be completed at some point --

Rusty

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Post by Rusty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Thanks to Lee and his swedish buddies for teaming up with me last weekend. Learned some stuff. Didn't loot much as I was too scared to look away :)

I'll be on this weekend for a heavy sesh.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Seen Lee on this loads recently whenever I have looked at Confluence, but the whole setup just doesn't appeal to me. I don't have the reactions for twitchy FPS games any more and the thought of actually losing your gear just kills it, especially given the P2W elements.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Loosing the gear isn't that bad really, You just hop on the Scav and do a run or two and get the money back from selling their gear or what you picked up to rebuy again for your PMC and hope back in on them to retry again :) Paying for the EOD edition isn't the be all as you can get stuff better from just doing the tasks for the dealers. I think you might be thinking on the pouch containers that can't be scavenged. And the gear you get from EOD will be lost. Trust me, mines was :D

Only advantage is a bigger stash from the get go but that is something you can do in game from getting the materials to build it along with other various parts of it.

The tasks that you can get to build rep can be infuriating bad though, Get a item and have to extract or lose the item and have to redo all the steps again (heart pumping like a MF each time). But when you do get it done it's one hell of a rush. Been beavering away at them while flipping to the Scav to make some cash while the PMS heals up in the base for another try on them.

I think me, Rusty and the swedes had I think 4 loses and 2 extractions with some gear and had a great laugh at it. From fluffing shots or getting lost on the map, or panicking with the timer :D

Going to be a new main storyline task introduced in the coming months to flesh out that side of the game as well. Really am enjoying my time even though I do maybe get extracted 20% of the time overall.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Reminded me of the time I was trying to befriend a player scav by doing little crouch dips etc and trying to work out if they're going to fire, when I think you rocked up and told us that we're already on the same side :) It was me and the swede bro dancing around each other.

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Oh aye in Interchange with Ronnie and you trying to workout who was the other scav. Still didn't beat the Custom map moment of saying "Wait are we 5?" before being offed by someone that disappeared out of sight :lol:

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 am

Jumped in as a random Scav as I quite liked the look of his gun in the main screen (found out it was a FAL I think). As I spawned I checked what I had on me and found a tank battery. I'm pretty sure they're worth a few bob so decided to just get out as soon as possible.
After a nerve wracking course I got out.
Sold it on the fleamarket for a nice 1/4 million :)
Not bad for hardly no effort.
Now I have a bit of a money buffer I decided to have a go at modding my gun. Added a sight. Let's see how that goes...

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:05 pm

You jammy sod! I seem to get bugger all on the scavs from the get go at the moment. Well not anything that sells well.

I manged to get a Graphics card and sold it for a sweet 280k and then two lab keys which went for another 280k each on Interchange as PMC. I can now afford to buy the lucky scav trunk for a extra 195 slots and be zero roubles once more :D

Stuck doing Prapors next task of getting the documents folder and leaving it on Factory and getting out alive.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 pm

You on this weekend Lee? It's my gaming weekend

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Aye Sat/Sunday 8pm onwards for sure :)

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Some more fun times were had.
Got a few more missions done. I have 2 on the go that means I need to kill scavs on woods and customs so that should be pretty much plain sailing :)
Ammo matters: I came out of dorms 2nd floor to find a player prone at the base of the stairs looting. easy kill I thought. Sent him a hail of bullets into his head... he promptly stood up and killed me...
Need better ammo (or maybe better aim)

Lee

Post by Lee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:14 pm

If it's the default ammo from Prapor it'll be okayish to knock out Scavs and players without a helmet but once they have that on, You'll need the BP BS stuff that comes from the higher reputation rank or from high geared players to knock them out in 1-2 hits. But you can always use the Flea Market for the higher quality ammo.

Can always use this handy site for the comparison on penetration and damage per type https://eftfg.com/ammochart

Sometimes Scavs without a helmet can take 3 hits from even the Mossin to go down so it could be a bug.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Got some new stuff randomly from a scav spawn: A night vision helmet that seems awesome. So awesome that I bought another in case I lost the first one (which I did...), and a labs card. Doe sthat mean I can do a labs run? Do I even want to at level 9?

My stash seems to go from 'I can't anything more in' to 'too many bad runs and got hardly anything left :)'

Love the ammo and magazine cases. They're so nice for keeping things tidy.
Also treated myself to a documents case as I've started getting so many keys now.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:53 am

Yep Labs key lets you in the one time and there is really high level gear inside but you face off fully decked out scav raiders. Can't enter as a scav only as PMC too. If you got the gear though I don't see why you can't enter it, just that you will be finding your feet for a while till you learn the layout so expect to lose a lot of stuff :D

I've just been selling them off in the mean time and getting the bigger stash cases like the Lucky Scav trunk. Also got the document folder for keys and some roubles for escapes on woods/customs if needed.

Been hitting the Dorms on Custom for that chance on the keytool for the keys, even if I got another one you can sell that for over 650k in roubles alone.

Working on the tasks for the various traders and getting some of the lore that way and seeing how they play off each other. So close to unlocking Jaeger and getting more access to better loot.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:17 am

Lee wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:53 am

Been hitting the Dorms on Custom for that chance on the keytool for the keys, even if I got another one you can sell that for over 650k in roubles alone.
Is that in the marked room? Or somewhere else? I tend to scav the Dorms and wait to pick over what other people have left :) Maybe I need to go in all-guns blazing.