Escape from Tarkov

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Post by Snowy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Well don't worry, I won't make it 6 ;)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:08 pm

This game is so good but yet I find myself too tense to play many matches. I reckon my scav is probably higher in skill levels than my main :)

Did a few factory quests yesterday and it did mean I enjoyed Factory! It's supposed to be a PvP hot bed but I just ratted my way around having a fun time.

What's your KDR is the game? Since my reset it's been quite high. I don't usually follow it but my friend happened to ask me and I was surprised it was so high (currently 4.56! I'm sure that's wrong somehow)
-- To be completed at some point --

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 am

Snowy wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:14 pm
Well don't worry, I won't make it 6 ;)
Haha
Rusty wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:08 pm
This game is so good but yet I find myself too tense to play many matches. I reckon my scav is probably higher in skill levels than my main :)

Did a few factory quests yesterday and it did mean I enjoyed Factory! It's supposed to be a PvP hot bed but I just ratted my way around having a fun time.

What's your KDR is the game? Since my reset it's been quite high. I don't usually follow it but my friend happened to ask me and I was surprised it was so high (currently 4.56! I'm sure that's wrong somehow)
I'm jumping on for a few hours of worth of play when not streaming and showing another friend how to cope in the game with the controls and stuff to watch out for. But he hates how there is no crosshair or that he expected it to be easier. This was after how we said it isn't a console like shooter and it's a steep learning curve to get past.

https://imgur.com/a/6FJGg1w

Shockingly bad stats but now that I am gunning down other PMC's and getting 3-5 scav kills per match I expect that number to go up :)
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:05 am

Spawned as a Scav in reserve (my goto place for loot) and got into a firefight with another scav. I tried to play nice but he wanted the fight so I brought it to him.. well, I hid in a bush until he found me. We exchanged shots and I killed him. But he managed to black out both legs (so I walk slow) and caused me to bleed meaning I'd slowly die of not fixed. I had no healing so decided to be a bit bullish and just walk as fast as I can in a straight line to the nearest hut that I assumed would have some healing items.

Nothing.

However it was a place with a marked room (usually locked and full of goodies when opened but empty by the time I get there) and what did I find?

A weapons case! Easy 1.2 million roubles....apart from the fact it was 5 squares wide and my duffle was only 4 squares. I couldn't pick it up! So my med looting mission was only just ahead of my 'get a bigger bag' mission. I found some meds, healed but couldn't stop the bleeding. I died. So sad.

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Oh that is rotten luck. Fingers crossed that never happens to me :D

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:31 am

Working from home today so I'm just going to try out the new patch (for science)!

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:52 pm

They fucked up the FOV for those us using 21:9 ration screens. It's all zoomed in a bit more. God knows why they did that. Also the UI is borked or well it 's out of alignment as well for that ratio and it flick backs and forth to the old layout positions.

https://imgur.com/pck2RxU

Changed the lighting on Interchange as well, looks different now, Following pics will show how warped the view looks like now as well.

https://imgur.com/kUV5hXy

https://imgur.com/HYMXR0C

Changed the spawn points so now you are spawning next to other PMC's. Kept happening to us last night on Interchange since we were doing some tasks there to finish them. Also added in a horrible headbobbing that is very noticeable even on the lowest setting.

I like the stamina change now being on either arms for only aiming or attacking with melee. And that running just affects your legs. Not played enough to see how the weight changes was as I kept on being killed when I was starting to get some more loot on me.

The new tatical rig is nice, the bank robber something. Cheap and only has 4 x2 slots. Some new clothing for the scavs and players which I only did see once the entire time last night.

But there is was issues with people losing money by just trading on the Flea Market, logging in and out was removing millions of roubles etc. I didn't suffer that I think when I logged in the first time but I didn't recall what my money was like the previous nights though. Supposedly fixed by now.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Haven't tried Interchange yet since they changed it.

Everything seems the same...
And I remember now why I stopped using my 21:9 monitor. It was a pain getting stuff to work nicely on it.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:25 pm

True it is a real pain when lazy dev's don't put work into supporting 21:9 ratio screens. But they are working on fixing it so will just wait for that. Ronny has super long loading times even on his SSD after the latest patch. How is your loading times Rusty?

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am

Loading times seem ok to me, so far.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Lee wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:52 pm
They fucked up the FOV for those us using 21:9 ration screens.
That'll teach you, heathens! :lol:
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Overall, I've not noticed anything different about the game post patch. Maybe I've never been so overloaded that weight restrictions apply.

Still not played Interchange as that sounds like it's had the biggest tweaks.

Lee

Post by Lee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Drarok wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Lee wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:52 pm
They fucked up the FOV for those us using 21:9 ration screens.
That'll teach you, heathens! :lol:
:lol:

The weight system haven't had much chance to be affected by it. Interchange has a lots of weird stuff now. The shadows can hide people right in front of you which seems really stupid

On Interchange the new alarms and the whole of the garage being open is leading to more interesting ways to getting in. Not got to what Killa's personnal stash as you need power on from the power station and some keycards that are going for something like 17m rubles last time I checked on the flea market.

Head bobbing issue was fixed nearly straight away :D

Next patch 0.12.5 is 95% fixes for optimisations and bugs and they'll be doing monthly updates as best as they can

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 am

Still going great guns on this. Nearly hit level 30 (which levels up 2 more traders).
Wipe coming soon so trying to get over my gear fear and just getting into raids with my best stuff :)

Enjoying a lot of the missions. Some of them are complete wank though. Jaeger, I'm looking at you.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri May 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Aye Jeager missions are just complete bullshit I am on the one where you need to be flashbanged and kill pmc's in raids.

After the wipe I won't really touch on the hideout again. Just play the game and move on through it. Latest patch has improved the fps :)