I Just Watched (Films)

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Alan

Re: I Just Watched (Films)

Post by Alan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Nae Pasaran

The story of how, when one worker in a rolls Royce factory in East Kilbride started a strike when he found out they were repairing engines for Pinochets airforce. It interviews the main chaps that held up the repairs on the engines and then interviews from the people in Chile who lived through the repercussions of their actions and what effect a handful of guys in a Scottish factory had on a country miles and miles away.

It’s enthralling. Really well made and the guys are so endearing, Bob especially is so sweet and funny. It brings the feels big time and really is an absolutely wonderful film. Possibly my film of the year? It’s betwen this and Isle Of Dogs but how do comeoare the two.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Smallfoot

I dreaded this but I have to admit it is excellent. The story is pretty good and the colours are amazing, especially the night scenes. The adult jokes fail and I hate James Corden, but apart from that, my son and I really liked it.

7/10
Games playing : Doom / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 am

BlacKkKlansman

Pretty good but not as powerful as I expected it to be. What made it worthwhile is the last 5 minutes with footage from Charlottesville which both put this film in perspective as well putting it in shadow.

6/10
Games playing : Doom / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain